Endura 4 Wave w/ Blueish handle

welcome to bladeforums mate! stick around you`ll soon see how cool/useful spydercos are. i don`t mind some of the newer
gerbers , but they can`t hold a candle to a spydie

Thank you for your kind words. I do have an affection for Spyderco but I dont have any left save a tiny keychain one. I've had an endura, a delica, a military and a Q. By far my favorite was the military and I wish I could find the thing. I'm fairly certain that it's lost forever now. Anyway, I dont have a job as of yet having just graduated college last month. Once the money starts rolling in I'll pay off my debts and then buy a nice knife to reward myself. Which one though? Oh, and how does the wave work to open faster? any links?

Look:
509742.gif

At regular use be ready to replacement of trousers ;)

"Just buy an Endura trainer along with the ZDP version when it comes out. Swap the blades, and you've got your red ZDP Endura."

That is a good idea but kind of expenisve. I guess if you really had to have the red handle, it is about the only way to get one right now.

I have just ordered a Waved Endura 4 as well and I am waiting to see what it is like. This will be my first experience with a Wave so I am looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about.

but the handles are pinned, so I'm not sure ow the blades can be swapped....

but the handles are pinned, so I'm not sure ow the blades can be swapped....
The new 4 series of Delica/Endura is not pinned but uses Torx screw construction. In fact, earlier tonight I just swapped the blades between my Waved Delica 4 and my Foliage Green Delica 4*. Why? I like the green handle better, but want the Wave.

*I'm sure Spyderco recommends against swapping blades on your own as the lock fit is changed. I made sure to test my results, but I can tell that the lock fit is now slightly different on each.

Does anyone not like the wave feature ?

I think it almost opens the blade too fast (yeah just sliced my hand playing with it so maybe that is changing my mind)

the spyderco factory edge is the sharpest thing i have ever had before i bought this knife i didnt know a blade could be that sharp (cuts skin soo fast you dont feel it for a couple seconds)

I love my Endura 4 Wave as well and often carry it (was my true EDC for several months, but now I'm "experimenting"). The wave is truly one of those simple yet brilliant ideas and I'd like to see more knives of different shapes and sizes implementing it (I realize I could look into Emersons, but right now they are a bit out of my price range and are rumored to not "wave" as well, even though they are the patent holder).

+1 recommendation for a waved expansion of the "Salt" series. Spyderco really needs to make some more knives with this great steel- I find that is as sharp as anything and I am eager to use it more (on food especially) since I don't have to worry about a thourough clean and dry before putting it away. I would like to see a "pointier" option though- the Salt I point is a bit to rounded for my liking.

My waved Endura arrived today. I don't miss my lost Military as much anymore as a result. This thing is fantastic. Even without a wave it's a great looking knife. The wave makes it friggin awesome! I'm pleased. Now to master the draw. The clip is kinda tight for speed drawing. I tend to think that's good.

Does anyone not like the wave feature ?

I think it almost opens the blade too fast (yeah just sliced my hand playing with it so maybe that is changing my mind)

the spyderco factory edge is the sharpest thing i have ever had before i bought this knife i didnt know a blade could be that sharp (cuts skin soo fast you dont feel it for a couple seconds)

Yes, I am one who does not care for the wave. I carry a lot of keys for work (like 40+) hanging off my belt, and the blade would open right into them. Even before this job with its myriad keys, I seldom used the feature.

Solsticejk, I have an Emerson with the wave, and I can confirm that rumor. It works, but it is not as positive as the Spyderco version.

In fact, earlier tonight I just swapped the blades between my Waved Delica 4 and my Foliage Green Delica 4*. Why? I like the green handle better, but want the Wave.

TOTC--I've done the same, back when the FG Delica first came out. I added a fob of digital green camo paracord, and now it's a perfect little honey.

For me, it deploys into pikal faster and more reliably than the waved Endura, and its shorter blade facilitates the sewing machine SD technique.

The petite size is also better when around hoplophobes. And LEOs.

When you pull a waved knife out of your pocket, the wave (or hook) catches onto the back of your pocket and as the handle leaves your pocket, the knife deploys.

Takes some practice, but once you get it, its second nature.

I can pull the knife out and twist one way or the other to determine whether or not the wave functions. In a split second I can decide to wave or not to wave. This is truely an awesome invention. I prefer liner locks, but this knife will serve me well.

Back