Entire Collection Pictures

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by warty, Mar 31, 2010.

1. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    I thought maybe folks could post a picture of their collections. We have other types of picture threads but I haven't seen an "Entire Collection" picture thread so far. It doesn't matter if you have one or two or a hundred, I'd like to see some entire collection pictures.

[​IMG]
    Left Column, Top to Bottom:
    Bhutan Sword, YCS, Garud AK, CAK, Bonecutter, Kerambit-B(left), Kerambit-A(right), R-4, R-10(L), R-6(R), Kumar Karda(L), Bura Gool(R), Kumar Karda

Along the bottom is my Tarwar.
    In the middle are a Villager GMBAK(top) & a Kagag Katne(bottom).

Right Column, Top to Bottom:
    25" Kobra, Sirupati, Chitlangi, Bhimsen, Villager UBE, Ultimate Fighter, Bamboo Cutter, Seax, Annapurna Bowie

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. H2OCutter

H2OCutter

Mar 11, 2007
    Nice collection, you have some choice pieces there.

3. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Great collection! Very diverse.

4. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Thanks for the nice pic, warty. Still working with my camera but will try to respond in kind.

Rick

5. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    I'll have to get together with my Dad, after his Bamboo Cutter comes in, and we'll do a COMBINED shot!

6. ozbladefan

ozbladefan

Mar 3, 2010
    Nice collection there Warty, which one is your favourite?

7. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    ONE? Not sure I can name ONE as my favorite... I will admit, and this is not because of the history between Nicholas and myself with the piece :D, but I am really liking the Bamboo Cutter a lot! When I sharked this one, someone, I think it was Big W said I'd love it because IT WILL CHOP! That's no lie, it is a beast of a blade and it feels perfect in the hand too. If we are talking about Khukuris only though, then I would have to say Garud is my favorite. Not sure why I like it so much. Maybe it is because I like Jimmy Buffett's music and Garud makes me think of a "Parrot Head" :cool:

I know for a fact that some of you have collections that make mine look anemic so I am really hoping to see some of them.

8. lal chatri

lal chatri

Sep 2, 2008
    warty
    thats a helluva collection you have there very nice indeed

9. ozbladefan

ozbladefan

Mar 3, 2010
    The bamboo cutter looks like it would chop wood just by looking at it , A golok on steroids!

10. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Everyone that has one likes it for chopping, ozbladefan. Since you seem new here, I want to welcome you to the HI forum/cantina. Pull up a chair, look at some pictures of really pretty hand made blades and wait for the infection to settle in.

Rick

11. ozbladefan

ozbladefan

Mar 3, 2010
    Thanks Rick

12. Ugly Duck

Ugly Duck

Oct 6, 2008
    Here's almost all of 'em:

[​IMG]

T to B Center: Long Tibetan, Short Tibetan, Everest Katana, Long Wajaski, Wajaski, Tarwar, Giant Chitlangi Bowie, Udha sword. Butterfly sword, Bamboo Cutter, Bolo.

T to B Left: Hanshee Kothimoda, Dui Chirra, BDC, R11, Pen Knife, JKM-1, Samsher, Bura Bowie, Hasiya.

T to B Right: Sirupati, gool, R-10, bandero (sp) AK Bowie, 20” AK, Mystery Blade, D2, YCS Karda, HI Cleaver.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  13. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Hoooweee Duck, that's a sharp lookin' group. Heck of a sword collection, too. Thanks for sharing.

14. bennyjenkins

bennyjenkins

Dec 18, 2006
    Never seen an R-11. Very nice collection.

15. tonydahose

tonydahose

Oct 28, 2005
    great pics!

16. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    UD has some on my short list there, a Hasiya is one of the ones I would REALLY LOVE to get one of, the Banchero Axe, Udha Sword, Bolo and finally the D-2. Maybe if/when the whole Kami situation settles down I can see about getting some of the odder members of my "Want List."

Nice stuff Ugly Duck!

17. garand1911

garand1911

May 11, 2008
    i like that Bura Gool

i need to get the pieces together for a family photo one of these days

18. Skyler R.

Skyler R.

Dec 27, 2005
    Nice photo Warty. I think I reconize a few of those...:)

19. Ugly Duck

Ugly Duck

Oct 6, 2008
    I just made it up. I had a HI khuk with a split handle so I chopped it down & made a different style of handle out of fossilized whale bone & abalone. It feels like a fat, hefty R-10 so I called it an R-11.

[​IMG]

20. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    They actually make one called an R-11 which was why I was sort of confused. This is what it looks like... the R-11 is on my short list of wants...
    [​IMG]

I figured you would see some you knew Skyler and I am still thankful you gave me such an opportunity.