• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Esteban Acosta - Ti Survival

I had been eyeing edc mini prybars/bottle openers for a long time. I had been using the flat head on my Victorinox Cadet for these types of tasks, and I decided I wanted something more specifically designed to handle these things. I came across Ti Survival on Google, and loved his Exo prybar design mainly because it had a pocket clip. I began looking through all the custom options he had listed, and was totally blown away by his work. He uses grade 5 titanium on everything he makes. Truly beautiful ano jobs in just about any color combo you could imagine. IMO very fair prices as well!

I emailed him and asked about a specific combo, and if he would accept paypal. Not 5 minutes had gone by before he emailed me back saying he could do the combo, and would also accept paypal. Once I had the order in place, he had it shipped in under 2 hours! I ordered it Thursday and recieved it Saturday afternoon. The Exo pry bar and titanium bead came EXACTLY the way I had pictured it in my head. Awesome stonewashed green/bronze combo. Its perfectly suited for any light/medium prying tasks, as well as any tasks requiring a small flat head. Outstanding overall experience with Esteban and Ti Survival!!! Definitely check out his site and all the cool gear he makes!

*I made the lanyard. Im not the most creative person when it comes to lanyards, but thankfully his beautiful ano work draws most of the attention away from my very basic paracord skills *

6hxbpZr.jpg

m0UH1BA.jpg

iD1Dk1S.jpg

eafNj9Z.jpg

mSWLrKn.jpg

bc7cwAw.jpg

V0d05vW.jpg

BOoFCiu.jpg

Last edited:
I concur. Esteban is a good guy. Makes top notch products and easy to deal with. Been a couple years since I got anything from him ( he did a custom guitar slide for me for my son, and some other stock goodies) I need to revisit him soon! Thumbs up for Ti Survival

No experience with his wares, but if his website is any clue at all he's definitely the person I'd go for such things. I browsed his website a while back for almost two hours just "Oo-ing" and "Ahh-ing", haha.

Awesome to see his customer service skills are as good as his work!

I would also vouch for Esteban.

He made a set of Custom Takedown Chopsticks for the Misses for me.

Fantastic communication, honest and open. Great vendor and a Great Guy.

I had a slightly different experience with regard to communication. I placed an order, sent it in, got it back, etc. Great communication throughout that process.

When I got it back, it mostly looked great, but one part in particular didn't look exactly like what I expected. My fault, I think, since I got what I asked for, but what I asked for turned out to be not what I wanted. I followed up with 1) looks great overall, 2) can this one piece be changed, and 3) how much would it cost?

Never heard back. Sent a follow-up a few days later, still nothing. A few days after that he was posting on Instagram but still hadn't replied to me.

Of course, a lot of stuff could have happened - emails got caught in spam filter or lost otherwise, etc. But it's just my pet peeve when communication drops out as soon as there's any hiccup in a transaction. His work was great overall, so no complaints there, but with a lot of people offering great anodization services, I'll try someone else next time.

I had a slightly different experience with regard to communication. I placed an order, sent it in, got it back, etc. Great communication throughout that process.

When I got it back, it mostly looked great, but one part in particular didn't look exactly like what I expected. My fault, I think, since I got what I asked for, but what I asked for turned out to be not what I wanted. I followed up with 1) looks great overall, 2) can this one piece be changed, and 3) how much would it cost?

Never heard back. Sent a follow-up a few days later, still nothing. A few days after that he was posting on Instagram but still hadn't replied to me.

Of course, a lot of stuff could have happened - emails got caught in spam filter or lost otherwise, etc. But it's just my pet peeve when communication drops out as soon as there's any hiccup in a transaction. His work was great overall, so no complaints there, but with a lot of people offering great anodization services, I'll try someone else next time.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to chime in. I tried reaching out to you via message on here a week ago, but did not hear back from you. I am not sure which order this was since I don’t know your name or email through here. If you sent me an email and I did not reply back, it was not because I was ignoring you. I reply to all emails personally and sometimes I may overlook one. As far as seeing me posting on instagram, most of my posts on there are scheduled and done about once a month. If you happen to see this post, feel free to send me an email if I indeed never got back to you and I apologize if I did not. Anyone who has ever dealt with me knows I pride myself on having great customer care and usually go above and beyond as far as communication is concerned. I also almost always send pictures of the work before its mailed out to make sure my customer is happy with it.

EDIT:

I heard back from the customer and after looking for the email, it turns out I did overlook the email somehow and never replied. It is not something that usually happens, especially with a good customer as he was. It was just and unfortunate oversight on my part.

Last edited:
Since this got bumped ill just say Esteban worked on two knives for me and did amazing work. Fast, friendly, and fair prices. Very nice guy and skilled at what he does.

119cobl.jpg

nv2ryr.jpg

Back