Everyone's latest acquisitions!

IW4nZei.jpg

After months undecided, curiosity beat me and I finally got an OUTU Multitool.
I loved the concept and the design and decided to risk it with this unknown Chinese brand.

20170531_091812_zpsduz4nq9t.jpg

Couldn't be more satisfied, TBH. Quality is definitely there, the implements work as intended and I have little to complain about, especially for $15.

It's Skeletool sized, similar feel in hand, but its toolset results more complete as it adds the so-needed Scissors and File to the four Skele functions (Blade, Pliers, Flathead, Phillips).
The pocket clip is a big plus, every bit as good as the Skeletool's.

All tools are easily accessible, and the pliers unfold to show either a pair of jaws or a pair f scissor blades. These are big size, like shears, and similar to the Wingman's but bigger and noticeably stronger. You won't be doing tiny-SAK-scissors precision jobs with these, this is a heavy duty cutting implement.

20170531_114550_zpsvgwhyq9b.jpg

The plier head and wire cutters feel sturdy and solid, much like the Skeletool's, but it is also obvious here that they are made for light to medium duty tasks and won't take much torque.

Blade is non-locking and not one-handed opening, but doesn't have the so criticised partial serrations like the leatherman tool, and is just as sharp. Great for UK laws and restricted blade places, or sites where you can't have a locking knife.

20170531_114420_zpsfzt6ta30.jpg

What puts this tool above the Skeletool to me is the scissors and the excellent drivers, both flathead and Phillips are integrated as solid pieces of the tool and as clever as the double sided swappable bits are, this system allows for stronger torque, better reach and the impossibility of losing the bits or small pieces.

Rides nice and tight in the pocket, clipped and riding low in profile.
All in all, my scepticism has been proven unfounded and it's an incredible buy for the price, a capable tool and a versatile gadget to carry every day or have in the work shop, car, etc.

The Kizer Vanguard Gemini and Victorinox Tinker are my latest additions. I hope to add one or two more additions to my small but expanding collection.

I just received one of my Holy Grails in the mail today and I couldn't be happier. Never owned a Stretch, nor have I played with Hap40 so this should be fun!

x3ZGqWw.jpg

Many thanks to the BF member whom I acquired this through.

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint

If you don't mind me asking, were you the one who got that off the exchange a few days ago? I was in crisis mode between this Stretch or that Manix, haha.

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint

If you don't mind me asking, were you the one who got that off the exchange a few days ago? I was in crisis mode between this Stretch or that Manix, haha.

Nope. Picked it up straight from Knife Center. I'm a big Manix 2 fan and somehow this one wasn't even on my radar until I saw it referenced in another thread the other day. I was so impatient when I saw it that I ordered straight away, without even checking the exchange like I normally would have.

Nope. Picked it up straight from Knife Center. I'm a big Manix 2 fan and somehow this one wasn't even on my radar until I saw it referenced in another thread the other day. I was so impatient when I saw it that I ordered straight away, without even checking the exchange like I normally would have.

I totally get that, I just remembered seeing the carbon fiber/CruWear combo on the exchange so well because I had a sort of internal battle trying to decide which was more important. That blade should hold up to just about everything you throw at it, awesome piece for sure.

Back