Everyone's latest acquisitions!

A couple solid stainless skulls from Maratac, and the awesome Spartan-Harsey Folder.
HqWOQEDOxsl0oZrnsRfOj_o7zdVDTD33rVJzWmhSdJBjjfxbpjTMpd5i1xw4S9arsO2VdgIIdq4Ucf6_q3_0cASTbHq533heSl--12kOoWIjE8x4aVlLN6QE4tDZmGiV1NDCBJ4Tg0Mtl6p5QWsw8pHAOZi8sI1N8_0rZxtMZC9NyzG-ZcrG_jcUNnX7GjVXUimxjoL2g7NC4fRMskDLZwtdqgHEZ_rEGF-j_tOsKabfQKZJJx3ytlS6Qny1kSoM7xGapLbm1Ewag--woPbuGGK2FDKREsoLhJFjZlSOSfMBrI2cNKWViE1LxEZACFFZEje3Ur4jJR1AUXF9PP4a2a_jtk_5FvHUi5NgFN1e3oNd4JkPh1UryBUUY4gosJxiRaqfmF_6XGUsubgMVuiQPcTBa_CU4Sl2N_4iilUjbHC0ozP-g5RXNRDPQXHoNJcfNmqe4lHmrzQ5q-xlZbAVk8v7pLOlINhFmR9cpruDCl-4yejqyugsCsL9StpK5GQQEfzdjx85iuN2Y_B2TrGcxdwKYJOO2tI9grJORJm3bTTAkB4z79IvGXixvqKK3MaXGWJs1WhRBzOyZoOsKcCOkvpBlmm-bHHf4o8dGaPaqxwPEwqg7oufT8G5wkGZAGa1ycnf4XbY7QSDIvXKKCTPcRkOETZtdzo3kRM=w850-h637-no

Mine is in a package box, on the table, still unopened, and its driving me nutz, like a well behaved dog with a porterhouse sitting in front of him..... she won't open it until we "exchange" gifts, and her watch is currently at the engraver, and her earings are are still in route.....

How is it? Form and function wise I mean?

Mine is in a package box, on the table, still unopened, and its driving me nutz, like a well behaved dog with a porterhouse sitting in front of him..... she won't open it until we "exchange" gifts, and her watch is currently at the engraver, and her earings are are still in route.....

How is it? Form and function wise I mean?
Stay strong, man! It is worth the wait for sure.

The overall size is slightly larger than I envisioned, but it isn't too big. It fits great for my hand size, and I can comfortably adjust the grip for different cutting tasks. The blade jimping and descending ramp make it great for choking-up on the blade for more detailed work or carving.

The fit/feel in hand is great. The nicely beveled edges prevent any hotspots but the strategically placed jimping and perfectly milled contours help to achieve (and maintain) a very positive grip in almost any position.

The pivot action is super smooth, and the blade can be deployed with little effort from any position. The detent is very positive and stout enough to keep it from opening "too easily" or accidentally.

The overall design and aesthetics are what make this blade so attractive (to me). It is just clean and functional. It isn't trying to incorporate any fancy new technology, or set any new design trends, but it is a classy-looking workhorse that would be just as happy in the dirt or in the woods as it would be in a dress suit at a dinner party.

I have (2) other Spartan blades: the Akribis and the Enyo, so I have come to appreciate the attention to detail and functional design that Mark and Curtis incorporate into their blades. They've always been very helpful when I have contacted them, and have gone above and beyond to make sure I am happy with their products. I'm proud to support their company.

66D5FCA8-C349-4F22-822F-EC316C63E3B2.jpeg My latest acquisition is a Wenger Grip. The screw driver extension fits my Ti SAK’s. Does anyone know where I can obtain more extensions as I have more knives than extensions?

View attachment 784448 My latest acquisition is a Wenger Grip. The screw driver extension fits my Ti SAK’s. Does anyone know where I can obtain more extensions as I have more knives than extensions?

Amazon, eBay, WallMart, hardware stores, big shopping malls, and even SOG, Leatherman, Gerber and Victorinox (and their dealers) sell bit kits, parts, extensions and similar pieces

This little guy, and the sheath separate. Not sure why this Buck isn’t more popular, especially at the price. I like it much more than my izula.
MBbsnsQ.jpg

Still not allowed to "have" it yet, but I did convince her to let me inspect it :D
KkMLtrt.jpg

ORAHvqC.jpg

VJcyRNi.jpg

F8iKJxc.jpg

Solid all around, feels great in hand, I really really like it.... my only complaint, it is not very sharp... All my $30 kershaw's and crkt's, buck's, all of them took hair off my arm straight out the box, I expected at least as much right out the box for >$500... no such luck, it simply scraped the skin...

easy enough to remedy, although I might just send this one out for a professional mirrored jobby job? ( Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble I'm looking at you)

Still not allowed to "have" it yet, but I did convince her to let me inspect it :D
KkMLtrt.jpg

ORAHvqC.jpg

VJcyRNi.jpg

F8iKJxc.jpg

Solid all around, feels great in hand, I really really like it.... my only complaint, it is not very sharp... All my $30 kershaw's and crkt's, buck's, all of them took hair off my arm straight out the box, I expected at least as much right out the box for >$500... no such luck, it simply scraped the skin...

easy enough to remedy, although I might just send this one out for a professional mirrored jobby job? ( Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble I'm looking at you)

Awesome! Looks great, man - maybe yours was the last to get sharpened on a Friday :)

Mine was purchased on the secondary market, so I don't know if it was the factory grind or not, but it was hair-popping sharp and seems to be holding an edge very well.

I have a question for you, but I would prefer to email you (if possible).

Last edited:
KkMLtrt.jpg

ORAHvqC.jpg

VJcyRNi.jpg

F8iKJxc.jpg

Yes, please send it my way. I've been wanting to check one out myself. Was a big fan of the Akribis.

I went to the So Cal Custom Knife show this past weekend. I thought that it was a very good show with many more high quality knives than I had money to spend. Anyway, my bride told me to buy something in honor of our upcoming 32nd anniversary. After a lot of consideration and extended discussions with various makers, I ended up walking away with a Mitch Jenkins gut-hook knife. The workmanship and quality of the stag won me over even though knives from Kansei, Mike Tyre and Mike Faber really had me on the fence for a while.

Regards,
Foxdoublegunner

kHivHTs.jpg

Kershaw CQC-1K,full flat ground to 0.005" and acid stonewashed. Aside from being way too thick and covered in skulls (fixed and fixed) it's a damn decent knife for $20 shipped off the big river site. It satisfied my Gentleman Jim itch (that I would've had to regrind too, probably) ;)

screenshot_20171023-200008-png.786069
screenshot_20171023-200012-png.786070

~Chip

Fresh out of the box BRK Mini Kephart CPM 3v With brass pins sporting Desert Ironwood and I think it's some of the nicest desert Iron wood ive ever owned . Beautiful grind on this one too . Feels great in hand yet small enough to EDC and the leather sheath isn't bulky and slides nicely in and out.
Yup pretty stoked :thumbsup:
PWr1iX3.jpg
XW3f7Sb.jpg
ExOkWZi.jpg

In spite of swearing “no more knives this year,” last week I decided I couldn’t live without replacing the Native 5-LW that I gifted last Christmas.

I went e-shopping and wound up with this instead:

DFE3366D-FC57-48E7-BAC0-32215EEE0DE5.jpeg

I have no regrets.

Back