Everyone's latest acquisitions!

9b0486e0504193a92a025ac2a67b5b5e.jpg
You keep showing that thing and I may have to pick one up. Upwards of $238 bucks up here though.

These two by Galin Donchev ("limonad" on BF) : a set of gaucho knives. Top : the punal (means dagger but it is an actual knife / one edged) the common EDC tool / weapon for gauchos. Until 19th century, when gauchos were no longer hunters / poachers but worked as farmhands, where it was completed by a smaller model, the verijero (bottom). The slipsheathes are carried behind the belt. As I am not a gaucho, I use them for processing meat. They do absolutely great and are a treat to contemplate, to boot (beautiful materials, fantastic fit and finish).
mmk9PKY.jpg

Owen K. Owen K. --- Is that natural patina or did you induce it? If the latter, how?
It’s induced. I wiped apple cider vinegar on it with a cue tip and let it dry. Prob coated it every 30mins for 6hours. Then I submerged the blade up to the pivot in apple cider vinegar to around 6 hours.

F997F327-1591-47A4-A80A-2AE3F5FF467A.jpeg Just picked up a Buck 186 Titan. The belt clip is designed for right hand carry outside the belt/waist band. The field tool allows for disassembly in the pucker brush. The bolt on thumb stud makes this an early (1986) one handed knife. This handle will accept almost any 110 format blade including the original Selector series.

I scored my first Northwoods! Jumped right on KnivesShipFree.com when they dropped and nabbed now with the "Blood Red Jigged Bone" handle, Harrison Bay model. The other handle materials, except another kind of beautifully finished bone, were all micarta, which is awesome, but also very common. I'd never seen this red jigged bone color before and I think it might be the gem of this run. Whatever though, I'm just stoked to finally get one at retail price!

Northwoods Harrison Bay.Download.png

Back