Everyone's latest acquisitions!

NBnT2EI.jpg

In Route :thumbsup: Had one a while back sold it for no reason other to buy a different blade. Great knife and so just ordered another Hogue Ritter. Although this one is in 20cv instead of m390 which I have no issues with. Almost went with the new orange but ended up going with the Black g10 since I still have a DP Clip for it in SW plus the orange is nice but since this one will be carried and used the black will show less wear and blue denim stains from new jeans lol .
EDIT: Got up this morning and was feeling orange G10 switched my order just in time before it was shipped.Figured I don’t have a orange knife and it’ll be hard to miss lol plus I had a black before.
34JnfUc.jpg

Last edited:
I got the Immortal (S35V) at the Cold Steel Christmas sale: $87. I like it. It has LONG handle, and is built like a tank. It is a little bit of a challenge to open with the thumb plate, and the tight pivot action. I definitely prefer thumb studs. Unfortunately the grind was off on one side. I usually don't pay to much attention to the grind, but it is extra noticeable on a knife that is built around it's conspicuously symmetrical blade.

The Bestech Kendo (D2) is a solid knife for the $40 price point. I already have the Scimitar. I thought they were identical aside from the blade shapes, but they are quite different.

DSC01625.JPG

301_2789.jpg

Sigh,.... It's mainly kitchen knives that get me going currently. This is an absolutely outstanding knife. It's a thrill to use it... No jokes, it's a thrill, everytime !
ARR5zht.jpg
Looks expensive. What's a good bang for your buck value priced chef knife?

Beastchopper Beastchopper [Looks expensive. What's a good bang for your buck value priced chef knife?]

It isn't. This one was 180 $. Stefan Strömberg makes beautiful knives with an amazing finish, at affordable prices. I believe my most expensive kitchen knife is the chinese vegetable knife by Kai Shun, at 230 $, if I remember well. I felt a bit silly for spending so much but every time I use it it's a real joy. So, yeah, totally worth it...

I got one very similar to yours. IMO this is a sleeper. With only $140 you get a 4" M390 blade and layered g10 handle plus the AXIS lock.

It is so much knife for so little money. I've wanted one for a while, and decided to just go ahead and do it. I'm happy. Everything seems perfect with it, aside from the blade not being sharp enough, but it is sharp enough to easily cut receipt paper so it's not dull! It just won't go through paper towel, and that's one of my requirements. I'm going to see if a few swipes on the sharpmaker will rectify this, and if not I will reprofile. But the edge looks good, so it shouldn't be a problem!

Really enjoying the axis lock as well. Very easy to manipulate, just a little difficult with how large this knife is! Easy to disengage with just my thumb, but wondering if it's better to use two fingers instead of just one, or if it even matters. Guess I will find out in time!

Back