Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Guardian Tactical Helix Nano, red anodized aluminum scales (wish I had the cf scales!), CPM 154, 16 caged bearings. Just beat out my ZT 0393 with 20CV and Hinderer hardware plus anodized blue pivot screw and nut from Australia.

uMhqBU3.jpg

Ordered this through the Microtech Service Personnel Program. Cant wait to get it.

Recently developed an interest in slipjoints, decided to pick up a few for a "classy carry" option on the off chance that I actually go out.

Top to bottom:
Gerber Wingtip: aesthetically pleasing, crap 7CR blade. We'll see how the edge holds (or doesn't).

Cold Steel Lucky One: full carbon, S35vn blade. Super light and compact enough to fit in my pen pocket on my uniform.

Maserin EDC: Italian made, black micarta, D2 steel. Slightly larger than a Delica in length.

74405066_2678733588816285_8759499174996606976_o.jpg

Recently developed an interest in slipjoints, decided to pick up a few for a "classy carry" option on the off chance that I actually go out.

Top to bottom:
Gerber Wingtip: aesthetically pleasing, crap 7CR blade. We'll see how the edge holds (or doesn't).

Cold Steel Lucky One: full carbon, S35vn blade. Super light and compact enough to fit in my pen pocket on my uniform.

Maserin EDC: Italian made, black micarta, D2 steel. Slightly larger than a Delica in length.

74405066_2678733588816285_8759499174996606976_o.jpg

Look at the Benchmade Proper clip point of semi wharncliff blade.

Benchmade 765 Mini Titanium Monolock. I’m a little late to this party since this knife has already been discontinued but because of that the price has come down so I decided to pick one up.

Overall a great edc knife. I agree with what is talked about in all the reviews I’ve read but to be honest no negative comments I have heard or read about are deal breakers in my opinion.

The sharp point above the lock bar isn’t too bad and my index finger seems to rest lower such that I don’t feel a lot of pressure from it. The pocket clip makes it ride high but I’ll probably get a deep carry clip I’ve seen online.

Good impressions so far. I’m happy with it and time will tell about overall performance but I can’t see my opinion changing. I’ve been feeling a little saturated by all the new designs coming from the various Chinese manufacturers and I like it’s simple lines and form. No fancy embellishments. For the discounted price I think it’s worth considering if you’re looking for a titanium knife with a good blade steel. The BM warranty and made in the USA round out the pro’s column.

7F763767-822E-46EA-93C3-F2DA9F5D3CEE.jpeg

These were my Black Friday value knife purchases. I'm pretty happy with them.
Kershaw Weston, Les George. If you are looking for an actual user you can't beat this one for $19. It has super-snappy deployment, and feels great in the hand. Great blade shape, and size (3.3") 8Cr.

I like the look of the new Kihon auto. It came with some side to side play. I tightened it up, so it's a little sticky on deployment, but no side to side. It feels good in the hand. Boker does a great job of rounding off the handle edges. 3.25" AUS8 blade. It's pretty much a Kalashnikov. $49

I already have the T-4, which I really like. The Brous Blades 'Division' was a surprise. It looks great, and is BIG in the hand. It has a weird flipper tab (?) that points upward, but it also curves around your index finger which really helps to lock your hand in. The blade deploys very fast, and smoothly once you get used to the flipper. 3.8" D2 blade. $39 at BHQ!

3460.jpg

Kihon1.jpg

Brous_Blades_Carbon_Fiber_Division_Flipper_SE_Knife_4.25in_Satin_Plain_D2_JB-DIV-SAT_-_Back.jpg

Last edited:
Twosun T136 Stingray.
Got this in the mail today (Thanks TW) and it’s a fun fidgety knife. When I first saw it I didn’t like it but it grew on me. Good fit and finish.

Two issues that can be dealbreakers for people are first, the pocket clip doesn’t have much of a ramp to allow a smooth push into the pocket. The second thing is the blade is close to the open back of the knife when it is in the handle so you could cut your finger if you run it down the back with enough pressure. For me, I can adjust the way I handle it but be warned.

5AF2B81A-4CEB-4309-ADB0-87B68D7C2C10.jpeg

Last edited:
Back