Everyone's latest acquisitions!

These all arrived this week.

cARerW1.jpg

Civivi Exarch CF Damascus

kjFOkax.jpg

Elegant, flips well. Hate the clip. Major hotspot when flipping. Probably designed that way due to the lack of ergos. Verdict is out. Weight and slimness belies the actual length.

Very smooth action, detent is a bit weak.

Update:

Adjusted grip, flips great now. Not a hard user, but beautiful and perfect for office carry. No, it's not titanium, nor a super steel, but for $80 it's a great deal. I paid $55 with a gift card.

Last edited:
Decided after seeing a few of these on videos and posts I wanted one...searched everywhere and they were sold out at every vendor... signed up for the notify me when in stock on GM's site with little hope. Next freaking day i get the email saying back in stock!!! Lol couldn't believe it. I got the regular thinner N690c version. I know M390 is a sexier steel but they only make it in the "fat" version of the knife and I wanted the thinner one. Super happy with it all the same. This is also hands down far and away the sharpest knife ive ever received!! I've had lots of knives come shaving sharp but the hairs literally jump off my arm at the slightest touch. Also love the sheath. Oh and I recieved it 2 days after ordering with just regular shipping.
HKe2iWv.jpg

I’ve managed to get a few more GECs in the past week, though full disclosure, two of these are backups!!

F82-CAC32-762-E-41-C5-8-A9-D-16-F9-AC8-EA88-E.jpg
I like the jimping on that 97(?) especially combined with the long pull. If I had one i’d be looking for that one.

Per usual, I'm late with my latest, having failed to post anything here since last November, so here's another bulk upload with what I've picked up since then. Early in December, I picked up Spyderco's latest update to their Sage series with the second release of their nod to the Michael Walker liner lock Sage 1 in grey G10 and Maxamet, a steel that was new to me. @abbazaba said I'd need a new box after I picked up the Sage 5 LW, but I managed to squeeze in one more.

uqdqkKz.jpg

I was so taken with my Spartan Harsey Folder Northwest Coast Edition that I kept an eye out for a plain stonewashed version that I could take to work and use hard and was pleased to find one just before Christmas on the Exchange. I would become the third owner of a nicely broken-in, super smooth, re-profiled PJ that only required a little touch-up at the tip to make into a perfect cutting machine.

MGhQ6Xd.jpg

On the penultimate day of the year I was browsing the Wilson Combat website and found a 40% off sale on the ELC Elite Titanium Framelock by Fox knives which was the perfect companion for my Cocobolo liner lock version of the same model which I'd bought some years ago on a family vacation to Barcelona. I just couldn't resist and now have a nice pair of that mid-size knife that's great in hand and easy in pocket.

Emtxvod.jpg

Later in January I stumbled across a CKF SSE, a knife I'd long admired since first seeing @Edgeoflife 's over at the EDC thread . The seller was a friend from the Bears' Den thread and I was pleased to be able to work a deal to our mutual satisfaction on a knife that's pretty hard to find. One of the benefits of being so far behind here is that I'm able to show the knife off with a bead that took me a while to find after my acquisition.

ndmoctK.jpg

Last month brought me a knife that I'd not seen or heard of, though it comes from from a family-owned company that's been making knives since the 19th century. Our friend @Barman1 had been busy showing off his Klotzli Swiss Border Guard . I soon began searching for one and was finally able to pick up this all-Ti, button lock, N690C beauty at AGR.

Z1G53eH.jpg

Late March brought me my latest acquisition that's something I'd long ogled and was finally able to acquire. I've been really pleased with my three Cheburkov's over the last few years and fell in love with Alex's custom version of his Hudson (or Gudzon) model which was released a couple years back. That beauty is probably too nice to carry and mark up and also comes at a pretty dear price. The model that I was particularly interested in, then, but hadn't found was the Lightweight version with a full CF side. A friend here wrote me wondering about a certain dealer and I followed his lead to find just the knife I was looking for.

dXiuBkH.jpg

Yeah, it's probably my favorite of the bunch, though someone here said the best knife is the latest knife...or is it the next knife? Anyway, a couple extra pics of that one, to finish up this long post here....

Im9JUCy.jpg

v9vdTZx.jpg

Back