Exquisite Assassin: Eight Photos

Photo #1: Four-bar turkish Twist billet, forged to re-curved, peaked-spine profile at 9/16" thickness.

54b2cf60.jpg

Photo #2: Blade ground, sanded to 1200 grit.

27197e35.jpg

Photo #3: Blade etched. So that's what it looks like inside there!

4db29c66.jpg

Photo #4: Lots of pieces here. Guard installed.

dd163362.jpg

Photo #5: Final assembly and glue-up.

d9e6098c.jpg

Photo #6: 6 inch, four-bar Turkish Twist Damascus blade, rust browned Damascus flared "S" guard and collar, file-worked S/S spacers and 3-piece frame, Pre-Ban Ivory scales, faceted S/S pins.

80b7a74e.jpg

Photo #7: Shaped handle scales.

117ba13d.jpg

Photo #8: Another view.

5099b12f.jpg

The client's wishes moved from hunter to fighter as we exchanged drawings, and focused on color, texture, and purpose.

We think we wound up with an Exquisite Assassin.

John

Love it John.. looks robust from the side profile.. but light and fast from your other perspectives.

I may run out to the shop right now and build the jigs in your pictures!. Thanks for posting those!

Just a fantastic piece John. So many tremendous details, but the rust-browned guard really makes it for me. Congrats to the happy new owner.

Roger

"Wow" is also the first word that comes to mind for me. Amazing skills!

Geez.. that is some nice John. I would've had a heart attack peining the pins on those scales. :p

Exquisite is most definitely the word to describe that knife. The file work on the butt of the frame is a great touch.

That is really nice John I like everything about this knife but you had me with the dark guard and domed pins.

That is really nice John I like everything about this knife but you had me with the dark guard and domed pins.

Agreed!

John, this is a stunning and beautiful knife. The dark fittings against the creamy ivory dress it up to black tie worthy. And I love how the Damascus pattern follows the profile. You're amazing...

WOW John that is a beauty, do you have a shot of that file work that is playing peekaboo?

Wow John. Spectacular. Again. The forged blade profile and the way the damascus pattern follows the recurve edge is just brilliant

Agreed!

John, this is a stunning and beautiful knife. The dark fittings against the creamy ivory dress it up to black tie worthy. And I love how the Damascus pattern follows the profile. You're amazing...

I was looking at this one last night when you first posted...
Couldn't think of anything brillant to say then - still speechless now.
All I can add to Dave and Eli's comments is EXTRAORDINARY!

Back