Exquisite Assassin: Eight Photos

DAMN That's a beauty!! John, every one of your posts makes me more stoked when my turns finally pops up for my knife!!

Jeff

You hit another "Home Run" with this one, John. Love the way you gave it a simple but elegant handle with a beautifully fancy blade. They compliment each other so well. Thanks for sharing.

Gary

gorgeous as it is, my opinion is that it would be over the top with another inch of blade.

John, That is one fine looking knife! Any specks on the size of it? Where you a machinist before you got into making knives?

I've been thinking lately of visual balance in knives. How often I see knives that have a bit too much of everything.

Not here. Busy blade, simple guard with a contrasting color, then a simple handle with a complex curve and fine filework.

A textbook example of 'That looks right'. :)

Coop

John,

Great knife.

Your Turkish Twist is my favorite Damascus pattern.

Jim Treacy

Thanks so much for the complements. This has been a favorite.

The blade shape is a new one for me, and owes much to the client's encouragement and suggestions. (Lorien, there are drawings of 9 and 10 inch versions.)

I've been playing with this handle shaping for a few knives, but the attraction with this ivory is the different layers uncovered by the sculpting.

As the ivory ages, these layers should show contrasting creams and yellows, gaining color and richness, and picking up the brown tones from the fittings.

Thanks again to all.

John

I really want to touch that handle!! Gorgeous knife John, thanks for sharing, this pic is going in my cool knife pics folder, next to some others of yours :)
-Haley

Lorien, there are drawings of 9 and 10 inch versions.

now we're talkin bowies! I still think a 7" blade using the same dimensions and lines would be amazing. Well, slightly more amazing. Don't get me wrong John, I think it's tops in the best looking White knives I've seen, or have seen in general. Great WiP, too. To the point!

Last edited:
I dig this knife 100%. The two John White knives I own have white ivory handles. For some reason, while I usually like alot of color, I love White handles on White knives. :)

Back