Eyyyyyy--I designed this axe!

FortyTwoBlades

Baryonyx walkeri
Dealer / Materials Provider
Hey, friends! I partnered with the good folks at Woox to design this lovely axe for them, and it's finally on the market just in time for the holidays! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. The heads are made in Italy by none other than Prandi and the handles are made right here in the USA. Finally, a slip-fit handle axe with Americanized cheeks and an ample hardened poll!

22", 3lbs. So you figured out why nobody makes an American style axe with a slip on head.
I'm not even sorry. This was made by somebody who knows the features on axes but not the hows and whys.

Nope. Designed that way to fit the intended context of use. The quoted post was made by someone who wants to stroke their ego instead of trying to understand why it might have the features it does. ;) longer handles will be available in future if the company follows my advice but it was meant to be short enough to be pack friendly but capable of tackling big jobs. Ever heard of miner's axes? Big heads on short sticks aren't new.

Nope. Designed that way to fit the intended context of use. The quoted post was made by someone who wants to stroke their ego instead of trying to understand why it might have the features it does. ;) longer handles will be available in future if the company follows my advice but it was meant to be short enough to be pack friendly but capable of tackling big jobs. Ever heard of miner's axes? Big heads on short sticks aren't new.
Short enough to be pack friendly but handle big tasks? Usually that is covered by a one and a half pound axe on a like sized handle or a slightly heavier axe on a longer 24-28" handle. A minors axe is a very task specific tool for a very specific set of limitations.
The problem when you try to do everything is you do nothing well.
It seems to be a pretty blatant copy of the hardcore hammers ranger, line exept with a slip on head that really limits its design and usefulness.

I actually had this design drafted back before Hardcore Hammers ever made their axe and is essentially a beefed up Italian "Milano" pattern woodworkers axe, but do go off. If it's not appealing to you, cool. It's actually NOT meant to be an overgeneralized design, and it won't be the right choice for everyone. But try to argue design with me here and it's a losing proposition--I knew exactly what I was shooting for and every detail has a reason. The fact that it's not what you like is the fault of neither the design principles nor designer. Just buy something else and be happy. :)

I actually had this design drafted back before Hardcore Hammers ever made their axe and is essentially a beefed up Italian "Milano" pattern woodworkers axe, but do go off. If it's not appealing to you, cool. It's actually NOT meant to be an overgeneralized design, and it won't be the right choice for everyone. But try to argue design with me here and it's a losing proposition--I knew exactly what I was shooting for and every detail has a reason. The fact that it's not what you like is the fault of neither the design principles nor designer. Just buy something else and be happy. :)
You had a draft BEFORE the other company came out with it. Sure you did.
Can you articulate why you designed this axe the way it is? It sure looks like a house axe mixed with a carving axe that for some reason was made as a slip on making the entire thing awkward for some reason.
The "concave high centerline" in your advertising I find particularly amusing. It's a real "chip breaker" I'm sure.
I'm not sure if you just attempted to threaten me, or committed a logical fallacy but please stop. Its childish either way. Sometimes we swing and miss. Don't worry hardcore hammers seems to have you covered.
The grain in the handle seems to be running the wrong way in the advert.

You had a draft BEFORE the other company came out with it. Sure you did.
Can you articulate why you designed this axe the way it is? It sure looks like a house axe mixed with a carving axe that for some reason was made as a slip on making the entire thing awkward for some reason.
The "concave high centerline" in your advertising I find particularly amusing. It's a real "chip breaker" I'm sure.
I'm not sure if you just attempted to threaten me, or committed a logical fallacy but please stop. Its childish either way. Sometimes we swing and miss. Don't worry hardcore hammers seems to have you covered.
The grain in the handle seems to be running the wrong way in the advert.
Troll much ?

I'm not sure if you just attempted to threaten me, or committed a logical fallacy but please stop.

Since this is a thread he made about an ax he designed I think having someone come in and take a dump all over his thread would warrant a little snippiness. I would recommend just ignoring things you don't like rather than complaining about them.

I added him to my ignore list btw, so if I don't address further ranting from him that's why. If he raises any questions that other members would like to ask, please feel free to paraphrase them and I'll gladly answer them.

Since this is a thread he made about an ax he designed I think having someone come in and take a dump all over his thread would warrant a little snippiness. I would recommend just ignoring things you don't like rather than complaining about them.
I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out it seems to be designed for multiple purposes. That never seems to work out in the knife or axe world as we know. As this one holds a high end price tag I've asked this person to articulate why they used the design features they did. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I've designed several knives and a couple axes. I will be the first to tell you I have had more flops than success. The lack of explanation in the designer's part and mistakes in the manufacturers advertising isn't promising...

I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out it seems to be designed for multiple purposes. That never seems to work out in the knife or axe world as we know. As this one holds a high end price tag I've asked this person to articulate why they used the design features they did. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I've designed several knives and a couple axes. I will be the first to tell you I have had more flops than success. The lack of explanation in the designer's part and mistakes in the manufacturers advertising isn't promising...

Back