Fairly Knives Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom's up, Daniel!
Hey, do you guys flip your omelette first, then fill it? Try that. :)

Morning guys!

Getting my gear ready for the silhouette match today, also going to bring a few other guns to try out and function test.

Rolf, I've tried that before but I like peppers and meat in my omelet and they take too long to cook so the eggs get over cooked if I don't start them first. That's a good way for things like spinach, mushrooms, and such though!

Oh, speaking of mushrooms, the wife and I started cultivating oyster mushrooms! We should see some growth in a couple days as we're only 3 days in right now, but I hope it's successful!

Make it a great day and keep it in the 10 ring dudes!

-X

Good morning everyone! Recently, my loving better half bought me a F3 Shiro from another member here. I got it this past weekend and yesterday I decided to take it apart and clean it. Little tricky but once I got it apart, the SRBS was a bit of a challenge. Lol. There are 17 bearings on each side and those little suckers are a trip getting back n the slot, unless you have a pair of tweezers. Luckily I didn't lose any of them but my loving partner laughed at me, so we decided I won't be taking that apart again any time soon. :D just wanted to share that with yall.
X - I wish you luck at your match shoot today!
We are not doing omelets today but we are going to the movies and watch "Spy" that just came out and then we are going to the Salt Grass restaurant to eat.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Donnie

Last edited:
Hi guys! I posted earlier this morning but got a call and it timed out...

Donnie, nice score on the Shirogorov! They are one of my favorites, such great lines and execution. I bet those bearings were tricky, the ceramic ones I use seem to jump around they are so slippery. Sometimes a tiny bit of lithium grease will help keep them in place.

Omelette - I have a technique that works well... I still have flashbacks of cooking 8 of then at a time tableside for old ladies at the country club, lmao! You cook the egg on one half of the pan and the rest on the other side (timed correctly!) then scrape the filling off to the side, roll the pan around... set filling on then roll egg over all. I need a video to explain this but it is fast and easy.

I started 30 knives yesterday... I'm kind of sore today! Back on!

The heck with the omelette... KNIVES first!
Actually, do that omelette vdo, Daniel.

Hey guys!

Just got home from the match. I did just barely ok but the big highlight is that I now have my 6.8 AR15 functioning flawlessly and my new .20P AR15 function tested and it worked perfectly! Also took a bolt action .22 rifle that I've done some major bolt work to, safety and function tested it, also a success! My dad had one new AR he had to function test, but had ammo issues and one stuck case. Function was good though when the ammo cooperated. Cheap steel cased ammo just isn't working out for him though.

Time to relax and have a beer. Hope y'all making it a great Sunday!

-X

Good stuff Xander, glad to see you getting them dialed in.

Yo Rolf! :D

Yesterday was a huge day in the shop... big week ahead too! You guys have a good one!

Good morning guys!

Sounds cool on the Delica Rolf... Sara has one that I reground with swedges, awesome knife.

I better run, this knife is grinding slow one handed!

Just in for a second and wanted to say hi! Big day heat treating... three hours to go!

It's beer:30 doods. Make it count!

Heating up the grill for a couple of steaks, enjoying a SN Hop Hunter IPA, might even fire up a cigar too.

Makin' it great!

-X

Hi guys!
Daniel- Can you grind be, feel? Krein talks about it.
Hey, check out Colonial Knives. These knives are very cool at a good price. I have a model #108 tanto :D switch blade incoming.

Good morning everyone! Hope yall have a great one. Daniel, I hope your heat treating goes well.

Donnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back