1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fake ZT 0450?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Peakbagger46, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Peakbagger46

Peakbagger46 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Are there any fake ZT 0450 (titanium scales) knives out there? I’m looking at getting a used one but don’t want to end up with a fake.

Searching the net, I’ve found other ZT models that have been cloned but I’m not finding any results for this particular model.

Thanks!

2. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Buy from a BF dealer and you’ll be good.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/paid-dealer-members-list-updated-2-5-16.1089879/

danbot likes this.
  3. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Or get it used from a member with good reputation from the Exchange they pop up occasionally. I'd avoid buying used knives off the Bay.

danbot likes this.
  4. MSchott

MSchott Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    I've read similar here a few times and disagree. Like any seller, you have to check them out and the Bay has this service. Sure it's safer to buy from a recommended dealer or a BF seller with a good reputation but the auction site is a good source as long as you do your homework. 2 of my 3 CRK's were bought there at good prices and came exactly as described.

5. Rombow

Rombow

Jun 5, 2019
    So, the discussion kinda went off track and the actual question never got answered. Are there any ZT0450 clones out there? I personally haven't seen any, but would be very interested to know if there were. So, has anyone spotted a fake zt 0450 yet?

6. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    If there is, coming from China no doubt.

7. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I've never seen one, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there........

Just buy from a reputable dealer or seller here on BF and you won't have to ask this question or second guess your purchase.

8. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Yes, there are fakes out there.
    I found one in 2 minutes

0450.jpg

9. Huntnow

Huntnow

Dec 2, 2018
    Not saying this ^ isn’t a fake. Just curious how you know it is. I can’t tell any difference between it and the one in my pocket. I got mine directly from ZT.

10. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    yes there are fakes out there. found a handful on Google in one pass. right on the big fake sites.

11. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    The only way I know it's a fake is because it's being sold on a Chinese site and it cost $68.00 ( the picture came from the listing)
    There's certain brands I will not buy on the secondary market and ZT is one of them.

Huntnow and Dadpool like this.
  12. SharpKnives9

SharpKnives9 Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    There are fakes in everything. Buy from reputable sellers and you will be good to go!

13. Rombow

Rombow

Jun 5, 2019
    I loo
    I looked all over the two big sites and never did see one... The closest I could find were the 095s.

14. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    I’ve found several fake ZTs on eBay, a 0393, an 0055 and a couple others. All of them were selling for around $50 and I could tell from the shape of the blade, the font on the knife and the fact the box was the wrong shape. I reported them to eBay but I doubt they’ll do anything about it.

15. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    I don’t know how they are about fakes, but in my experience they tend to enforce their knife policies.

I’ve been selling a bunch of stuff on eBay and they took down my listing for a throwing star and again for a punch dagger. Apparently a full size Kabar is fine, but a “ninja star” is too lethal a weapon