Famous Randall knife owners

My current favorite in the lineup is the 3-7" that I just received from CPT Stanaback. It has a ss blade with NS hilt and finger notches, leather handle with a crow's head duralumin buttcap and metal and black spacers. She's a real beauty! I'm quite famous around here...in my own mind!;)

Last edited:
My fav. right now is a non-catalog Fireman's Special....... with that said what knife brand had so many larger than life use Randall eg. like Errol Flynn makes sense a world traveler like Flynn would choose and use a Randall Knife !

Thanks for the input. I hope it doesn’t hurt your feelings if I don’t run out and order a “Ray1911” or “Sluggy” tribute knife. Lol.

LOL, no worries! Oh! U2 pilot Gary Powers carried one. I can't remember what model it was, though. Was it an 8?

KnifeRep covered Gary’s knife in post #10 page 1 of this thread

How about Ross Allen, the famous crocodile wrestler? He opened the Allen Reptile Institute, which I think was more of an amusement park, back in the 50's I think. I'm pretty sure he carried a Model 3-7".
ETA: Seems there is debate as to whether he carried a model 3 or a model 5.

Last edited:
I have Porter Wagoner's knife gifted to him by Mel Tillis.

I’d like to know the specifics of the knife if possible. Maybe I’ll order a “Mel Tillis” next.

Always thought it was interesting how he could sing without stuttering but couldn’t hardly put two words together.

I’d like to know the specifics of the knife if possible. Maybe I’ll order a “Mel Tillis” next.

Always thought it was interesting how he could sing without stuttering but couldn’t hardly put two words together.
I had a buddy while in the Army that had a slight stutter. He didn't really stutter unless he was nervous or was asked about some shenannigans we were up to by our SGT. Sometimes I thought he faked it.:D

Back