Farewell!

Incredible !! I just arrived here at BF, bought my first two SOG's because of Ron's outstanding customer service attitudes and approaches, and now learn that he is moving on to bigger and better.

All the best on your new path.

Fair Winds and Following Seas !!

Carl

Originally posted by Ron Andersen
Thank you, my friends. Does someone have a Kleenex? :(
Mr. Bobby B...My dear friend: Formerly my trusted Co-Moderator of the SOG Forum, and now pro tempore Moderator of the SOG Forum until the dust settles, you've been to me a trusted cohort in moderatordum and a very, highly trusted fiend (oops, I’d better insert “friend” before I get into trouble. Anyway, it does apply “slightly” better). I know that SOG can trust you, too, but with new SOG Forum management, things may change (and you know that). You’re as good as gold and I will miss our interactions at SOG, from home, on the road, and here in the SOG Forum. Some of those interactions will not even skip a beat. You are simply stated “the best,” and I appreciate you enormously! We’ll be friends for life! Remember that important piece of information you just can't live without: When you get home from work everyday, feed a t-bone steak to Gunnar (the family's German Shepard), pat Colleen (your new daughter) incessantly on the head and say in a good human-to-dog voice “good girl, gooooood girl, good girrrrrl,” and feed your wife (that would be the Mrs. Bobby B) a jar of peach flavored Gerber baby food. ;)

Fiend is probably right...:p

The interactions will not skip a beat, but they may dance to it!

I'll follow your advice and lesson...:confused:

Since Spencer doesn't know me that well (yet) and decides to remove me - so be it...:cool: (It is after all his company...) I'm sure Spark can find another Forum where my vast ignorance won't harm anyone...:rolleyes:

Hey Ron,

I wish you all the best on your new path.
The contributions and knowledge you have shared have been appreciated. I'm sure your support of SOG products has been a tremondous service to both SOG and their customers.:)

Whenever somebody leaves a position be it a job or otherwise there are people who make cliched and dramatic statements that very rarely mean anything... so it is with that fear in mind that I shudder to write:

"This is the end of an era."

I do however mean that very sincerely. Ron your product knowledge is fantastic and your service never could be faulted, but I most admire you for the manner of person that you are. You have always been honest, polite and sincere.

There have been times when I have come to the forums after being away with work and I have just sat and read through every thread in which you have posted, to ensure that I have not missed any of you insightful posts.

Thank you Ron, keep checking in, don't forget us, cause we won't forget you.

Ron,

I remember when I first come BFC, I posted a problem I had with a SOG pouch. You got on it and solved it like no other. After that, I've had the most respect for the products and customer service of SOG. There have been times where people did not have good things to say, I admire how you always settled convicts in a calm, respectful manner. Like others have already said, your knowledge, politeness, humour, and enthusiasm helped us enjoy the products and the fun we had in this forum. You will be missed. Good luck on your future endeavours. Thank you.

Dear Ron

It is with some sadness that I hear of you moving on. I happened to be able to get on the net for just a few minutes to say I got a SOG Access Card over the weekend because the price was good, when I saw this thread.

I feel a sense of loss, but at the same time I must say that sometimes you have to do what's best for you and your family and move on in this world. Having been in the same job for the last 10 years I can relate to wanting to move on as well. You can always treasure is "that really cool job that I had with SOG" plus the fans on the forums.

Obi Ron, may the force be with you....

Hey Ron..

Thanks for the personal note in drawing my attention to this....

SOG will soon see that you will be sorely missed. You had your fingers on the pulse of SOG's customer base. A customer base I'm sure had a huge factor in the sucess of SOG via the internet.

I highly doubt a new liason could be found that had the same touch and friendship you had with the people here.
Whoever takes over, or if someone even does, has a Mighty Big pair of shoes to fill....

I highly doubt with the friends you have made here, that even though you won't be towing the SOG line so to speak, that you won't be very far from Bladeforums in general...

Even though we've never met, I believe I've gained a friend and brother in the knife world.. I wish you all the best with whatever you are embarking on next, and you know where to find me if you need anything.

Your reputation speaks for itself around here. Any knife company would be foolish not having Ron Andersen on the payroll.

Best Wishes, your friend..

Eric...

Damn, Ron, I hate to see you go like this. You're going to be missed. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks for everything Ron.

On first coming to BF you helped me out with both my Tomcat and my Crossgrip. Many thanks again for all the favours and effort that you always put into your customers.

Best wishes and good luck.

Sorry to see you go Ron. This is one of my first posts here, but you sure do a great job. I hope the boss at your next job knows what he's getting.:)

HOLY COW!!!!! What did I miss? Obi-Ron is gone?

I wish you the best in your travels and look forward to hearing from you in the future Ron!!!

What is the future of SOG? Will Spencer be the new moderator? Will SOG stay with Blade Forums? I sure hope so!:(

Ron, you were part of the reason I became a knife nut. As I was starting out, I bought an Autoclip, found this forum, and found out just how great some companies can be with their consumer relations. Thank you for making this hobby and the forums that much better.

Best wishes and hope to see you around at BladeForums.

I'm sorry to see Ron go, but happy to have been around BF while he was the moderator. I only had limited contact with him, but he was extremely helpful and nice whe I was in the market for my S1. That kind of service and genuine interest in us speaks for it's self. Thanks Ron and good luck in the future.

Joe

Ron, best of luck with your future endeavors. It was nice meeting you out there at SOG; thanks for your time. Look forward to continuing to hear from you around here, and am anxious to hear of your new exploits.

Back