• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fast, Accurate, and Repeatable Bevels with Multi Guide

The Multi Guide is a field proven earner that is in service around the world. It is available in the Pro X and Mastersmith versions. There is also an option to add a side shifting function which is very nice for getting plunge lines to match.

This video shows the process I use on this profile to grind the bevel and match the plunge.
The Multi Guide Pro X starts at $310.00 for the guide only. I also have very sturdy mounting designs for most popular machines. Packages for a Pro X and Slide Mount start at $685.00.

The Multi Guide supports the blade so you can grind at very high belt speeds and still be in control during the entire process with predictable bevel results. It is simple and efficient enough to justify using it for one off custom blades. If you have a batch of the same profile blank then look out because there is nothing that can keep up with the speed you will be able to grind them.

If you are ready to unleash the full production potential of your 2 x 72 then you need to consider the Multi Guide.

Shown in the video is a Multi Guide Mastersmith. It is mounted to my machine using an Over/Under mount with double swivel. Also shown in the video is the Plunge Stop and one way to use it for matching plunge lines. For additional videos visit my youtube channel BigIronTV and check out the grinding playlist.

This video shows the Mastersmith with the side shift function performing a plunge cut for perfectly matching lines.

Last edited:
Back