1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Father's day Keystone GAW

Discussion in 'Giveaway, Contest & Raffle Forum' started by strategy9, Jun 2, 2018.

1. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    With Father's day fast approaching, I have purchased a few Schatt & Morgan's to give as gifts this year to both my own Father, and Father-in-law, as well as my 4 best friends who are also all awesome dad's!
    (We have an awesome breakfast buffet planned for that Saturday morning before, since we can never seem to all get together for late night drinks anymore these days what with our work and family schedules all mismatched)...

With Queen cutlery closing her doors this year, and the uncertain fate of her future hanging in limbo, (and myself and all my recipients having some strong connection to Pennsylvania, the "Keystone state"), S&M's are a tangible piece of American history now, certainly worth one day handing down to a child, or grandchild for that matter...

In any case, in my purchasing I also picked up a few new S&M's for myself, so going through my entire collection, I want to pass along this sexy little 420hc made guy to a fellow BF member, to maybe one day pass on to a future generation of their own...

[​IMG]
    *(tarantula not included)

Rules:
    1. Must have a paid level, site supporting membership.
    2. Must be a father yourself.
    3.Must live within the 50 United States OR Canada, (sorry everyone else, just the nature of the beast, still all love though)
    4. One entry per person

Entry:
    1. Post an "I'm in" sort of reply
    2. Add your 1st child's birthday and a short story of one of your favorite fatherhood moments, NOT incl. the day of their birth, (unless they're <1 mos. old). Birthdays would just be too easy...

*expecting father's will be allowed to participate as well, if you follow all other rules and tell us the due date.

Entries will be accepted all the way until 11:59pm (est), of 6/16/18.
    Winner will be selected at random by my own 5 year old son on Father's day.

Shout out to all you awesome dad's out there!!! And even to the "just okay" ones too... We already have all been blessed with the greatest gift of all!!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    JTB_5 likes this.
  2. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Cool idea and GAW! Good luck to all entries!
    * I’m a father but I don’t post family pics on public Forums so Not In on this one.

3. strategy9

Apr 27, 2015
    Fair enough @bigolegator , I honestly was half asleep when I decided to do this GAW today, (3rd shift life), and wasn't even thinking about that... It is actually very commendable, I don't typically do that either and wouldn't want to ask others to do something I'm not overly comfortable in doing myself so, rules have been changed to eliminate pic request... I'm glad you brought that to my attention. Thank you.

bigolegator likes this.
  4. bigolegator

Mar 26, 2014
    Oh man, I wasn’t trying to affect your gaw or rules at all...just stating why I wasn’t joining the list; Sorry about that strategy9.

5. strategy9

Apr 27, 2015
    No worries man, seriously, I get it... Other then FB where I keep in touch with friends and family who are scattered far and wide, coast to coast, I don't like putting pictures of my family out there for just anyone to see, so it would be completely hypocritical of me to ask others to do it as a requirement for my own GAW.... no worries at all...

bigolegator likes this.
  6. bigolegator

Mar 26, 2014
    Cool man...Ok....I’m In :thumbsup:

DOB : 1/20/15
    Recently I was cleaning and oiling some blades, while at the same time watching my 3yr old...I accidentally cut my finger pretty good and she saw me do it. She looked at me and said, “are you ok Daddy? Let me kiss your finger and make it better...she comes back a minute later with a BandAid in her hand and says...This is for you Daddy, I love you. :) Wow guys and girls, it made my heart melt a little for sure :thumbsup: :)

strategy9 likes this.
  7. GrobTheory

GrobTheory Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2016
    I'm in! Thanks for the opportunity:)
    9/11/13
    A couple weeks ago I was making breakfast for the three of them, and I was just in a goofy mood. So I just started calling the food by other names, I asked my oldest if she wanted cheerios, and I handed her a banana. Then I told her we were having tomatoes and I handed her a string cheese. The girls are three and four, and they just thought it was the funniest thing ever, so they kept calling things by the wrong names which in turn cracked me up too and we all had a great time with it. Fun ages.

strategy9 likes this.
  8. strategy9

Apr 27, 2015
    To share one of my own:

1/21/13
    My son was about 3 1/2 and his mother and I were going through a really rough patch. Thought it might be over. Anyways, I was hanging with my son, walking around the lake behind my house, and he started picking the white dandelions and waving them around when I told him about making a wish and blowing them... He says, "I wish momma liked you again," and blew his dandelion... I can't lie, I teared up a bit.
    Needless to say his wish came true and last November we officially tied the knot...

PWatkins, eveled and abbydaddy like this.
  9. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm in.
    I've had the same idea since Queen was faltering of getting a knife to eventually pass down.

8/4

Every day my son does something amazing so it's hard to even remember everything.
    He's sweet, kind and thoughtful and my life is better in every way for having met him.

When my dad dies last year we knew that we had to break the news to him as well. I was still pretty messed up but my wife and I agreed to tell him that grandpa went to heaven. He looked up and started tearing up but held his composure. When we told him it was ok he said that he'd miss him but that heaven was such a good place and that he would be able to see his parents again and that it would be ok.
    I guess I was expecting a breakdown but he really used his brain along with his heart and that made me really proud.

Thanks for offering!

eveled and strategy9 like this.
  10. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I'm in.
    I really like the idea of gifting knives to be passed on, so it I win the knife will go to my daughter.
    She was born April 2014.

Abby (thus the profile name) is already a tiny knife knut. She got her first real knife at age 3 (obviously she doesn't get to run around with them yet, but she has "her" knives), but her first knife was a wooden knife I carved for her when she was 2 because she was already asking for a knife. Her first real knife was a little manicure knife she spotted and asked for at a garage sale. Then we thought we had lost that, so we replaced it with another manicure knife, and then found the lost one. Then she actually won another knife, an Imperial peanut in a GAW. So now she is 4 with 3 knives of her own!

The story I'll share is from today. We were at the beach and she got a splinter, and the splinter was deep enough that I couldn't just scrape it out easily and we needed some tweezers. When I mentioned tweezers she immediately got excited to use the tweezers from her Victorinox manicure knife, and so she decided that we would leave the splinter in until we got home so that her knife would be the one that got the splinter out. I thought it was cute, and just more proof of her budding love of knives.

11. holo07

holo07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2008
    I'm in

D.O.B. 10-13-92

Everyday is a story having watched my two baby girl grow up to be women.

12. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Not an entry, but very cool gesture.

Good luck to the participants :thumbsup:

Happy Father's Day

eveled likes this.
  13. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    8/5/92

I have so many moments that I could share. But what I would like to share is, that he really appreciates knives and carries one daily.

14. Jrzy_Hillbilly

Jrzy_Hillbilly KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 17, 2018
    I'm in.
    8/26/95
    My daughters high school graduation and then her college graduation.

15. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Great giveaway! Awesome knife you’re unselfishly putting up. Thanks for the opportunity

8/17/11 is my first biological daughters burthday. I have 3 older step sons. And one younger biological boy. 5 total. Yes we stay busy. 21 to 1.

My best memory was of the girl (but the youngest boy is creating some amazing ones himself). She was very young. Maybe 6 months. I was laying on the floor and her mom was in the recliner. She was crawling back and forth over me then stopped. She leaned down and touched her face to mine. Then went back to playing. It was her mom who realized what she had done. She gave me her first kiss. She’s been a daddy’s girl since. And I like it that way.

16. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    I'm in, very nice of you to do this as well !

Ah, my daughter, born July 16th

I remember at church one Sunday when she was about 4 years old, someone asked her where did she get those pretty blue eyes, to which she smiled and replied 'At the mall'

Takes after her mother :)
    G2

17. eveled

eveled Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I'm in. 12/21. One time I had to pull a big black ants head off to get it to let go of..........the head of my son's penis. I wish I were joking.

strategy9 likes this.
  18. GrobTheory

GrobTheory Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2016
    LOL. Does that count as his first b***-j** ? :confused: Ouch.

19. strategy9

Apr 27, 2015
    My bad......

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  20. eveled

eveled Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    All good, thanks.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    GrobTheory likes this.