Favorite Esee knife

Junglas. It is just so good. From the sheath to the handle design to how useful it is in camping. The 6 and 3 are not far behind.

And you?

Junglas. It is just so good. From the sheath to the handle design to how useful it is in camping. The 6 and 3 are not far behind.

And you?

Thanks for your input. I do not own an Esee yet. I have been hearing a lot of great things about them. So I'm just trying to get a consensus on which is the best Esee knife. So I can make an informed decision on my first Esee knife purchase.

Thanks for your input. I do not own an Esee yet. I have been hearing a lot of great things about them. So I'm just trying to get a consensus on which is the best Esee knife. So I can make an informed decision on my first Esee knife purchase.

I think the best question when deciding what Esee to buy is what do you need a knife for?

I think the best question when deciding what Esee to buy is what do you need a knife for?

Alpinepete. ^This right here. I have an Izula, 3,4,5,6 and Junglas. They all do different things. The 6 can cover rolls of almost all of them but not perform that specific roll as good as each individual. It is a jack of all trades, master of none. The 3 is the best slicer and detail wood worker. The Izula is the best EDC. The 4 is nice if you need a "tactical" knife (yes I said tactical :eek:). The 5 is great if you need to cut open a car door, not good at much else IMO, more of a novelty. The Junglas is one I would never get rid of. It fills its roll as a large camp knife perfectly. That said, if you don't need its size the others will be better for what your uses are. So, like Blumetal said, what you need the knife for will determine which one to get.

Esee 3 is my favourite backpacking and camping blade due its size, weight and great slicing ability.
My Junglas is the big bad wood processing camp mambo jambo champ!
Had a 4 but I sold it because it just didn't cut as well as my 3 and weighed more.

Some pics to make the thread pop more! :D

I only have an izula, but it's a great edc fixed blade. Also nice to have for short impromptu hikes.

I take my #3 fishing more than anything else as it will cut just about anything I want it to on the water and around the Camp
9 out of 10 times.* { plus I do take a few other knives just in case.!** }

Backpacking = 3 or smaller for me. I have a 4, but I can do just about anything with the 3. Don't have a LS.

For my uses and knife needs as an edc i love my Candiru. I wear it as a neck knife. The edge holding isn't optimal, but within about 60 seconds i can have it razor sharp again. This means it is the knife i ACTUALLY use due to the fact that i can bring it back very quickly. It's also very handy and nimble and is part of my edc kit. I usually have some kind of modern folder with a "super steel" on me, but my Candiru is always with me.

I had a 4, was actually the gateway drug into this whole crazy knife thing. It was a great all around hiking, camping bushcraft type knife. Great size feel for everyday camp stuff. Also have a damascus izula ii that stays in my edc bag great little knife. For ME Though I've Kinda fell in love with larger blades for survival camping even hiking. So I have a Esee 6 on the way, hopefully tomorrow it will arrive. So you could say I'm going back where I started "with Esee". I've been down the road of buying high end knives and found for me you really can't beat esee no matter how much you spend. Really great knives awesome steel, heat treat and of course the best warranty available on probably any knife made. Oh and the Junglas goes on every trip, either me or my son carries it. Actually he always carries it. Hey he's young and strong and we'll "it's heavy" but we love it. So I guess I don't have a favorite, but hopefully the 6 will be it, or maybe a laser strike but then again the 5 is a real beast......I give up?

Three, unless you have massive or at least large hands, in which case the 4 might fit better. But I think you need to know what size of knife you like, and then pick one.

the ESEE that I carry the most often, is the 440C Izula, with blue TKC scales. Horizontal, cross draw in a Kydex sheath by GodSpeed.

the 6 or the 3. The 4 seems neither fish nor fowl. The great thing about ESEE is how they vary the thickness of the blade steel from knife to knife. They weren't scared NOT to overbuild the 3. As such, with that thin blade, it's just perfect. I do wish the handle were different (bigger and/or thicker, palm swell) but that's easily remedied with some sort of custom work.

Back