Favorite guns?

Have you ever shot a Sig Sauer P228? I'd recommend getting a German one. They don't "make" them anymore, at least not widely produced in the U.S., but it's still a Sig, and the German ones were made in the Sig glory days of legendary reliability and performance. The P228 was somewhat replaced by the P229, but they are different guns.

Besides that, IMO it's the best-tracking Sig they make. They may have some on gunbroker. I imagine you could pick up a solid used one for $500-600.

My favorite gun at the moment is the Sig P229 Scorpion in .40 S&W. I like all of my Sigs, but there's something about this one that makes me never want to put it down. I really like how beefy it is- just a solid chunk of firepower. It points for me better than any handgun I've ever used, and it puts big holes exactly where I want them, every time. The grips are amazing, and I really like the finish too. I have a safe full of black and silver guns, this one is a nice change of pace. (not my picture, but my gun looks just like this)
229-Scorpion-detail-Hero.jpg

#1 on my wish lish is the new Sig P224 in DA/SA in 9mm. Those things are going to be beastly.
Just like this one, but DA/SA. They're not out yet, but I'll be one of the first in line when they are. Love Sigs.
P224_Extreme_L_cmyk-300x211.jpg

If you want something really interesting, see if you can find a Webley-Fosbery.

600px-Zardoz_19.jpg

I got a minty one for my dad back in the 80s when they were still relatively cheap. I think it was about $1700.

If you want something really interesting, see if you can find a Webley-Fosbery.

600px-Zardoz_19.jpg

I got a minty one for my dad back in the 80s when they were still relatively cheap. I think it was about $1700.

Originally made famous by Humphrey Bogart in the "Maltese Falcon". Well actually by Dashiell Hammett, but you get the "picture". :)

I love the Sig Sauer P226 9mm feels great in the hand, can stay on target easily not to much recoil. I got the combat edition with threaded barrel, hope to get a silencer soon. My buddy just got a Sig Sauer P220 45cal combat grade with threaded barrel and a silencer, great set up.

Assault rifles? I dont have one but would love to get a POF i've heard great stuff about em. They supposedly fixed the jamming problems commonly found with the AR style rifle, with their new design http://www.pof-usa.com/main.htm

Originally made famous by Humphrey Bogart in the "Maltese Falcon". Well actually by Dashiell Hammett, but you get the "picture". :)

Bogart said that gun was a Webley-Foresby and that it was an eight-shot .45.

Zed's gun in the picture is a six-shot .455 Webley-Fosbery.

(In the book, Hammett said the Fosbery was an eight-shot .38, which is a gun Webley actually made.)

Benelli M4, get the magazine extension. It's pretty slick.:thumbup:

My favorite guns have been .
Sig P6
Ruger P89
Ruger 10/22
Mini 14
winchester 1300 defender
Bersa 380

Yeah i havent bought a new gun in quite a while :)

Garth,

If you're looking for something different and equally fun, I would recommend the FN 5.7. It's high capacity, extremely low recoil, extremely high velocity, and probably the most accurate gun I've personally fired. Bottom line is that its really fun and different.

Here's a little more about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven

Well Garth, I blame you again, with all the talk about HK's, I went out last Friday and bought a HK 45.

A fine choice indeed. Here is mine complete with light LEM trigger and trit sights.
xs3.JPG

BB date code which means 2011 year of manufacture. Nearing 2800 rounds through it, the last 800 of which were reloads.

My one SHTF gun of choice is my G22:

DSC04822.jpg

I did buy a Mossberg 930 Combo (comes with 18.5" and 26" Barrel) when they first came out. It is an awesome shotgun. I have put just about every load you can imagine through it and I have not had a single fail.

If you are looking to get spendy though I must direct you here:
http://www.heirloomprecision.com/

Finally it's available with the full tube and collapsable stock with no 922r issues.
bnh20-2.jpg

Attachments

• bnh20-2.jpg
    bnh20-2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4
Here's one I have for sale on Ar15.com an original IMI galil! :)
SANY2695.jpg

although in pistols, I've picked up a Gen 4 glock 17, which will actually drop a loaded mag, and the texture and mag release is super nice.. Kimber Stainless Raptor is awesome, but check out the Sig scorpion series
SANY2652.jpg

one of my more favorite AR system. a POF, which has a Gas piston design almost identical to A FAL incredible with ambi, mag release and bolt release, NP3 coating.. a sweet machine
SANY2653.jpg

SANY2657.jpg

looking at a Savage M10 BA LE model.. it may not have the Steyr, Remington, Sako, FN name, but from what I'm reading it can shoot incredibly accurate.

I have been having same itch lately, scratched it twice recently. I love buying knives but there is something about buying a new gun that really stands alone, I love the feeling. Anyway here are my 2 new toys along with a couple others
9cf989b1-1.jpg

bc57c50b.jpg

3ed2c40a-1.jpg

and here is a family shot of my 1911's, they are all special
2f1028a8.jpg

good luck with your choice Garth, make sure you let us know what you end up with

12 GAUGE AUTO-LOADER......45 LONG SLIDE WITH LASER SIGHTING........PHASED PLASMA RIFLE IN THE 40WATT RANGE...........UZI 9 MILLIMEETERR........"SO WHICH ONE WILL IT BE"....................

ALL

images-7.jpg

.308 fnh scar or lmt MWS
.223 fnh scar , fnh 2000, or a really good quality ar15 m4gry.
9mm. Sig p226 mark 25 or g17 or a M9
40s&w. G22 gen3, g22 gen4, g23 gen 3or4
45acp. Nice 1911 form kimber or para. Glock or sig Or H&K
Heck there are more.

Back