Favorite Handgun/Cold Steel Carries

748NPA1h.jpg

Last edited:
Love that warning on the frame.:eek:

Yeah, that one is on all of my Smith & Wesson's. You gotta love the "protections" high paid legal teams come up with. :confused:

But it's not as bad as what's on the Ruger's.
"READ INSTRUTION MANUAL"

And the longest one on one of the smallest guns, my LCP.

"BEFORE USING GUN - READ WARNINGS IN INSTRUCTION MANUAL • AVAILABLE FREE • FROM STURM, RUGER & CO., INC. PRESCOTT, AZ USA". :eek::poop::eek:

AP1l2Ck.jpg

344chJx.jpg

URKCoGn.jpg

Some people are equipped to defend themselves, some are not. Some must take a knee, but I choose not to. If I am out and about I am ALWAYS armed with both firearms and knives. I am prepared to protect my family and myself. Cold Steel helps make that possible. This is why they keep getting my money.

If you are reading this but are currently unarmed correct this now. If nothing else buy a XL Voyager (I prefer the Vaquero) or 6" TiLite. It will set you back about fifty bucks and will be all the close defense weapon you will likely ever need. If that's too long to legally carry consider a 4.5 " Spartan or 4" Black Talon. Carry something and practice deploying it.

Even more important, mentally prepare yourself to use it. Decide now whether you can do what is necessary. Think now so you don't need to think about it at the wrong time. And always pay attention to your surroundings!

Warning, Graphic content follows:

How to use it? If you want to rapidly disable an attacker you can either take out the central nervous system or heart, or you can destroy their ability to harm you by severing tendons and muscles -- this will stop them until hypovolemic shock puts them down.

The CNS stop requires deep penetration, far more than any folding knife is likely to deliver. Think 6 or 7 inches minimum, and the wound channel will be comparatively small. This is why so many Cold Steel weapons are designed around cutting. It's not an accident, and its actually harder to design for optimal cutting than it is to just make something pokey that looks cool.

Think quick slashes to disable limbs. If you hit someone in the arm or shoulder or hand, with even a fast slash with a Vaquero or Espada, that limb is finished and the fight is probably over. The longer the blade the easier it is to connect, you have a greater margin of error as well as more cutting power and reach.

In contrast, I have seen DOZENS of people who had multiple stab wounds and they were still walking around. Had one guy got shanked in the neck and throat multiple times and he was still in the fight. He never even went down. He jumped out of bed and proceeded to beat the sh1t out of his attacker. I have seen people stabbed that didn't even know it. That's real, that's what I have seen.

If someone no longer has a hand or arm, or they are tripping on their own intestines, they know it soon enough.

Anyway, if you have not already done so this is the time. Arm yourself. Get a Cold Steel weapon, they really do know what they are doing.

Last edited:
You make some excellent points in your monograph Chris. The halcyon days of going 'unarmed' in America are sadly over. In reality, criminals, violent anarchists, and even the most; dangerously insane, remedials are everywhere. The lives of you, and your loved-ones mean absolutely nothing to them. Also, its quite possible, that you could face multiple attackers all at once. Where you could be viciously mauled, or in all likelihood; probably be, kicked-to-death! So it makes great sense, at the very least; to pack a martial blade. In a layered defense-system, a knife like a Cold Steel; makes perfect sense.

Can't get it to work for me.

Such a pain in the___. I think I screwed the program up loading it on to my phone.
I take the picture. I go into Gmail to my photo back ups. Drag it into 'pictures' folder on my computer. Copy, and paste into Imgur. Copy and paste in BF.:confused:

Such a pain in the___. I think I screwed the program up loading it on to my phone.
I take the picture. I go into Gmail to my photo back ups. Drag it into 'pictures' folder on my computer. Copy, and paste into Imgur. Copy and paste in BF.:confused:

Used to use Imgur, but then when I went gold I would email the pics from my phone to my PC and try to resize them to under 500k (which seems to be the limit) so I could upload them directly. But now once I have them on my PC, I just use the snipping tool and upload that file directly to BF. Lose some resolution but much easier.

My go to pair.
40zx9m5.jpg
Something about the sharpening choil and the lack of a “cold steel” stamp on the pocket clip looks strange to me. Any chance it’s a counterfeit? Maybe the stamp just isn’t showing clearly in the pic.

Something about the sharpening choil and the lack of a “cold steel” stamp on the pocket clip looks strange to me. Any chance it’s a counterfeit? Maybe the stamp just isn’t showing clearly in the pic.
Nope, I polished the stonewash off along with most of the logo. Carried, used and sharpened a ton.

Back