Favorite knife to eat an apple with

I was just sitting tonight eating an apple with a Spyderco PM2 and was wondering what other knives would excel in this function.

Hi there, new-ish member here -- just gonna get that out of the way :)

I actually just had an apple a few moments ago and was using my Endura4 to slice wedges off. Clean and effortless!

Victorinox Cadet has always been my go-to knife for food. Just long enough for most cases and doesn't scare sheeple.

I don't need a knife to eat an apple!

Are you asking for peeling one, or slicing into wedges?

Cold Steel Secret Edge. Just gotta make sure you're holding it the right way around. :)

I've used an Opinel #6 as my apple eating knife for a few years now.

I lost my front teeth in a boating accident when I was younger, and have porcelain front teeth now. The only real change in my life, was that my dentist said never to eat an apple without cutting it up first. So I keep my opinel in my bag at work, because it slices great, and isn't scary to anyone.

I frequently eat apples slice by slice during meetings at work, and no one seems to bat an eye.

I've tried a few others, but so far the opinel has been the best for this that I've tried so far.

Just sliced up an apple today in the office. I keep a 4" Victorinox paring knife in my office for food prep. Between that, and a KAI PureKomachi "Sandwich Knife" I can do just about any knife related food prep one could need in an office, and for less than $20 total.

But to answer the question of "what knife for apples..." the boring but practical answer is a paring knife. It's the whole reason they exist.
If you mean pocket knives, an opinel. The blade stock is thin enough that it doesn't split the apple.

The only thing I slice apples with, in my Busse Steak Knife, I call it the "apple laser"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm mildly allergic to apples but I eat them anyway because I love them and they're usually stocked in my office kitchen - the best way for me to avoid my entire face getting covered in allergens is to slice them up and eat them in tiny pieces. I've found that my 943 does the best job on them. Urban Trapper doesn't have a good enough edge on it to be in the same league of slicing capability (despite being a thinner blade) and the blade on the small seb is so fat that it scrunches up the apple skin when wedged in on the first cut.

When I'm in the act of slicing an apple I usually find myself dreaming about the PM2 in blurple.

Delica 4 worked well for me today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

this one. 1.5 mm thick blade about four inches long.
I EDCed it in my back pack in a card board sheath for like a decade.

the other day I was cutting up an apple with my BM 710. I noted that the surfaces of the slices looked like they had been ripped apart. I think the knife was just wedging them apart more than cutting once the thicker back got in the cut. Part of the reason it is destined to be ground thinner . . . just a matter of time.
and
You are right though the Endura 4 is great, great. The knife bellow it is even better (for apples) (another grind job).

This Boker Trapper, newest member to the collection, is pretty darned good for apples if they aren't too big. Fruit is really helping with the patina, getting kind of rainbow in the right light. I have decided to do nothing to it to accelerate the patina; just use it and watch.

I'm partial to the Victorinox Gardener. Ate a honeycrisp apple with it earlier today actually.

20160813_105721_zpsktqwtwvq.jpg

Back