Favorite spyderco for food prep?

With something as acidic as lemons and limes it would have to be a Pacific or Salt 1 for me. They handle corosive materials better

FFG Endura and Military. They cut through everything like warm butter. :thumbup:

I keep a Pacific Salt in my kitchen. It gets a lot of use.

p-salt.jpg

The Best Bar companion would be something very stainless or stain proof like the H1 models, the tasman is a great folder or the Moran fixed, if you could carry a fixed blade

P6200017-2.jpg

P6200023.jpg

However, the blade length of the military would be pretty handy with a larger orange

P6200015.jpg

I don't normally use folders for food prep, but the Military is a really good choice. It'll buzz right through lemons and limes and have a long enough blade to cut your sandwich if you have to.

This is my food blade for most things. I normally only bring out the chefs knife for herbs and the like that need chopping or mincing. Much easier to rock the big blade back and forth. Everything else gets the Militaries attention.

I'm not sure if the leaf-shaped blades were really designed for food prep, but my sage 1 is exceptionally well at cutting up apples.

If you want to go on the cheaper side, the Tenacious would be a great choice. It has a full flat ground blade (Which is what you want for food prep) The blade should be long enough to cut through a whole orange. Personally, I'd go with an Endura FFG (Full flat grind). It's about $30 more then the Tenacious. But, the blade is a little longer, it's also full flat ground, and the steel stays keeps an edge much longer :)

Take a look at the Chokwe model, i use mine from time to time in the kitchen and it performs better than my Millies because of the thinner and narrower blade profile as well as the straight edge with just that little curve right before the actual point.

As much as I love Spyderco in my pocket, for kitchen duty, they just can't compete with these:

IMG_1007a-1.jpg

IMG_0848-1.jpg

But if I had to use a Spyderco, it would be my Millie.

Back