Favorite Spyderco knives

Last edited:
I have a couple examples each of the PM2, and Manix2, and one Native5. This red Manix probably gets the most use of all my knives, because it fits me well & is just a good do-everything kind of knife.
IMG_0870-X4.jpg

In the Summer though, I often like a smaller, lighter knife like the Native LW.
IMG_0865-X4.jpg

I like them all, but to pick my very favorites.
Native 5 Carbon Fiber - Best folder
Junction - Amazing fixed blade

I love the look and feel of the Euroedge although they should have called it the Swissedge as it's clearly meant to represent a Swiss dagger. Some older favourites of mine are the now discontinued Tatanka and Szabo folder. I guess the para-military loving weenies just couldn't get behind big blade folders.

I love the look and feel of the Euroedge although they should have called it the Swissedge as it's clearly meant to represent a Swiss dagger. Some older favourites of mine are the now discontinued Tatanka and Szabo folder. I guess the para-military loving weenies just couldn't get behind big blade folders.

Absolutely, its not Spyderco's usual offering, love it. Definitely a keeper.
IMG_4385 - Copy.jpg

T
#1 and perhaps my favorite knife ever:

#2-4.

Swayback is on its way.
I’m not quite sure what to expect from that one.

That's gotta be a record! Never seen anybody carry so many knives outside a movie.;)
DOH! My bad, got this confused with the carrying today thread!:confused::D

Last edited:
Every time I decide to carry the Advocate I realize it's truly my favorite Spyderco knife. The weight, the texture, the smoothness, the steel....nothing else in my safe compares. Just simply quality.

(Oh yeah, and it's got a map of Texas on the blade too!)

I love my GB2. It’s been my EDC for the last year+.

But, I got a Spydiechef recently and I think it will be my new EDC. Very smooth, very slicey, fairly light, comfortable and rustproof. The GB2 will be used for more heavy duty cutting but it looks like I have a new EDC.

Hey guys, what are some of your favorite Spyderco knives? Im curious.
My favorite is the Caribbean. Cuts like a monster, ridiculously easy to get sharp. Super grippy but comfortable handle. Can wash it with soap and water. Originally the LC200N had less edge retention than 8Cr13MoV, but now it seems like 154CM. Everything else is so good I didn’t care.
It’s like a PM2 with no finger choil but a longer blade and roomier handle. Here’s a comparison:

My favorite is the Caribbean. Cuts like a monster, ridiculously easy to get sharp. Super grippy but comfortable handle. Can wash it with soap and water. Originally the LC200N had less edge retention than 8Cr13MoV, but now it seems like 154CM. Everything else is so good I didn’t care.
It’s like a PM2 with no finger choil but a longer blade and roomier handle. Here’s a comparison:

For me it's:
PM2
Military
Manix XL
Manix 2
Shaman

The Shaman is newer, but it was an instant classic. I'm predicting that I'm going to be adding the Yojumbo onto this list soon!

I prefer the large hole in blade so:
Manix 2 and Manix XL
Paramilitary - Military
Also the A.T.R

I only run two types of spyderco.
The waterway lives in the boat, bolted to the bait board and cuts all of my bait, line, chunks fish etc and occasionally fillets a fish to big to fit in the kill tank or knock a little sashimi off for me.
The PM2 in m390, CT’s-204p or CPM-20CV lives in my pocket and does all of my edc work.
All of mine look well and truly used though, unlike most in this thread.

New poster here. First Spydie was in the ‘80’s. Returned to the party with the Ulize a few years back. Sold it (mistake!) and had to get another. Interested again. Cool stuff!!!

Ulize
ROC
Swayback
SMOCK

I know there’s a lot of hate for the VG10 on the first two, but the Ulize is carried as back up for “social” purposes, and therefore does not see much actual cutting. A great well-purposed knife it is. The ROC works fine in that steel for the kitchen use it normally sees. It also has a heckuva wonderful hand-feel/fit that belies its appearance. The Swayback is the folding wharncliffe of my dreams, and this new SMOCK I picked up is the most fun in ages.

Best users Military g10, para military2 g10 para3 g10 , stretch 2 frn Chinook 4 and Caribbean

Back