Favorite Spyderco knives

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Bryce Haley, Mar 25, 2020.

1. davz45

davz45

Oct 31, 2010
    Sal..quote for ya Sir..
    Yer killin me smalls!! Years ago I bought the Paramilitary..it was just ok (jmho!)
    Then tried the Paramilitary 2 carbon fiber and really love the action,steel and fit in my hand, compression lock Very nice!
    So..I bought the Manix 2 told it was blue but it was actually "blurple" hmm? but I love the ergos so I bought the C.F. and knew I was in trouble!! Fantastic!! I'll NEVER have too buy another knife!!
    Holy crap! An exclusive Shaman? Man it's a friggin beast,perfect for work! TUFF! with no worry of breaking from really hard use!
    Definitely the only knife I need!!
    Then I saw the exclusive Native5 rex45 in burnt orange..well that's different??
    It took the honor of Fantastic! Last knife I'll ever buy..oh wait? There's a native in C.F. S90v well I love me some carbon fiber so this will now be the best "last" knife..
    Of 2020!! But wait? A Manbug?? That'll be great for ...well? Anything small! But big on cool! Sal y'all have THE BEST damn knives in the market,well done too you and your staff
    BTW...the makers you replaced?
    Sebenza classic
    Sebenzas 25
    Strider SnG (forum knife#66)
    Strider tad
    Emerson PDW A100
    Benchmade
    Gerbers
    Like I said..Well done!

P.S. make some shirts in 4xl ( shrinkage)

Skar likes this.
  2. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    So many fantastic Spyderco models , if I had to choose a favorite the s90v Military Ti/Cf would be mine.
    [​IMG]

Buzsaw, kobold and nephron like this.
  3. Rex G

Rex G

Aug 26, 2002
    Mariner. Original early-Eighties. Long-lost, in the Trinity River delta, in SE Texas, but not forgotten.

Police. Original early-Eighties. I still have it. The tip is missing, but I still cut things with it, occasionally.

Bram Frank Gunting. Best fit, in my hands, of any Spyderco folder. I have several of these.

Ronin. Original version. I have several of these.

Civilian. Bought for its original purpose. My blade training evolved, over time, but the nicely-slim Civilian has never lost its niche.

Kiwi, with jigged-bone handle scales. Beautiful.

Assist. Wonderful emergency knife. I have used the glass-breaker component, in an emergency situation. A lifetime knife. I plan to buy spares, with orange and/or yellow handles. Black disappears from views, all too easily.

Fish Hunter. I liked the first one so much, I bought another. This one is not a one-trick pony, so I might accumulate a few more, as this could be a lifetime favorite.

I had hoped to handle some tempting prospects, at the Blade Show, this year, which might have updated/refreshed my favorites, but, of course, the “health emergency of 2020” intervened.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    lieferung and Blues like this.
  4. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    I keep hoping they'll do a sprint run of the Ronin, I never thought they would do one for the PPT but they did so I have hope.

Rex G likes this.
  5. SixtyLion

SixtyLion

May 6, 2010
    My number one is definitely Manix 2. Native 5 and Chaparral are in the second place and Delica 4 is the third.

kobold likes this.
  6. GerBill

GerBill Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Love the Slysz designed Spyderco’s! 8A46C126-186A-4EDC-BA09-515B05106736.jpeg

Officer's Match, kobold and nephron like this.
  7. Bryce Haley

Bryce Haley

Mar 24, 2020
    WOW!! Didn’t realize i would get this many replies. Thanks everyone. All great choices

8. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    GB 1 ,Caly 3 and Techno 1.
    GB 1 being the best ever Spyderco made,quality,feel,action,materials,blade steel,performance,price...IMO!

9. tatsu

tatsu

Oct 2, 1999
    [​IMG]

rexromic and nephron like this.
  10. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Spyderench.

IMG_4958 (2).jpg

kobold and BD_01 like this.
  11. Moua

Moua

Sep 24, 2020
    How much for the spyderco wrench?

12. E.D.C.

E.D.C. Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2016
    The Civilian and Matriarch line are my favorite by far. But I've also always loved the Military.

13. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Thanks, but its a keeper.

14. AJ

AJ

Oct 4, 1998
    Kopa with carbon fiber scales. Or my para 2 with carbon fiber scales.

15. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Slysz Swayback
    GB1
    Endura (particularly my Knifejoy blue FRN/damascas)

16. DMD08

DMD08

Jul 22, 2005
    I carry a military the most, by far.

Best feeling Spyderco I've ever handled is the proficient. Mine will arrive tomorrow.

17. NMK85

NMK85

Nov 10, 2015
    Between the Manix 2 and the Delica 4, I'm pretty happy.
    I really gotta get my hands on a Shaman one of these days, and the Native 5 looks like something I'd love. But at this point, I'm pretty content.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:32 AM
    BD_01 likes this.
  18. HOMER GRIFIN

HOMER GRIFIN

Apr 15, 2015
    Right now my favorite is the Dragonfly H1 yellow.