Favorite traditionals

My most recent pick up but it has become my favorite: 74 in burlap micarta.

hA0K3rZ.jpg
I picked one of those up recently. I like it way more than I thought I would.

u7jjDKF.jpg
New here wanted to see some of you guys favorite traditional knives. I mostly collect GEC so I’ll start with one of mine. Good ol calf pen.
The calf pen is awesome. I remember when they came out I picked one up immediately. They had mixed reviews at the time

Hello.

What's pattern?

hi Bernieg. Welcome to bladeforums.

That is a case/bose collaboration wharncliff trapper. They have made some non collaboration models also that are much more affordable. I have one in antique bone that is probably one of the best made production knives I own. Very useful, very easy to carry pattern.

Like many forum members , I have many favorites , but my favorite Pattern is NORTFIELD 73 with a Drop Point blade

But that probably is not my Most Carried Knife . In fact it is this old Stag Handled Pruner backed up with a good Sheepfoot and or Lambfoot blade

Harry

Like many forum members , I have many favorites , but my favorite Pattern is NORTFIELD 73 with a Drop Point blade

But that probably is not my Most Carried Knife . In fact it is this old Stag Handled Pruner backed up with a good Sheepfoot and or Lambfoot blade

Harry
That is awesome my grandfather used to carry an old stag pruner knife kind of like that but it had the hook looking blade. Hawksbill/pruner type blade I guess you call it. Thanks for sharing those pictures beautiful ol knife.

That is awesome my grandfather used to carry an old stag pruner knife kind of like that but it had the hook looking blade. Hawksbill/pruner type blade I guess you call it. Thanks for sharing those pictures beautiful ol knife.
Thank you for the kind words young man . I suspect that my old Stag Pruner had a Hawkbill Blade when it was new and that the Hook has been sharpened away . I have only owned mine for about 10 months . I would like to know where all it has been and what it has done . I hope that you were able to use his old blade .

Harry

Back