1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Favorite Victorinox?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Nephron44, Jan 13, 2016.

1. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    My favorite used to be the Alox Cadet. But, I just got the limited edition navy blue Alox Pioneer. It is my new favorite.

[​IMG]

2. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    My EDC is a Tinker - always in my pocket. Sometimes a Deluxe Tinker if I'm traveling
    Rich

3. Nap

Nap

Sep 9, 2015
    Pioneer. Though I kind of envy my little brother's Soldier that he bought at a gas station when I drove him through Switzerland.

The Cadet would be fantastic if it only had an awl in place of the nail file. I mean, seriously.

4. mugwump867

mugwump867 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2004
    No matter what else I'm EDCing there's always a Vic Cadet in my watch pocket. And since the Cadet is missing the tweezers there's also a Classic on my keychain. When I worked IT in an office I always carried a Cybertool as the pliers and Torx bits came in mighty handy. But my all-time favorite SAK is the Scientist. I don't carry one everyday but I like the magnifying glass on a two-layer SAK and have three of them as backups since it's long out of production.

5. MaximIsayev

MaximIsayev

Dec 17, 2014
    Current favourites are the Alox Solo and Alox Farmer. Don't have a Pioneer just yet, but that's in the works. Previous favourite was the Huntsman in black, that was my go-to outdoor SAK, now I'm going a bit more lightweight and carrying the Farmer instead.

6. d0nut

d0nut

Dec 5, 2012
    Super Tinker, definitely.

[​IMG]

7. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Fave is probably this Soldier or whatever it's called. I broke it in up in the north at a major river, opening a can of beans.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But the Pioneer and Farmer are also useful/sweet indeed.
    [​IMG]
    Honourable mention also goes to my ancient and beloved Rucksack. And a honkin huge fire engine red Delemont.

8. thatsaknife

thatsaknife

Mar 27, 2015
    Pioneer Rancher. It was red when I bought it 25 yers ago. It is now silver as most of red wore off in pocket

9. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Alox anything.

10. SBXT

SBXT

Apr 28, 2013
    Alox Cadet, and the Compact is a close second. If they made an Alox Compact, it would kick a lot of other knives out of the pocket.

11. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    I'm a big fan of the 111mm Trekker 1 hand opening non serrated version....I have bigger hands, prefer a bigger knife, and it has everything I want on a SAK and nothing I don't

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  12. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Alox Cadet.....every knife enthusiast should own at least one

13. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    New style Soldier.
    I love that the lock is set up lefty and serrations are toward the front.
    I still use my old alox Soldiers but the new ones are more versitile for me.

14. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    The Alox pioneer, but I carry the Alox bantam more often. Its just so thin

15. ocnLogan

ocnLogan

Jul 31, 2011
    I only have an alox farmer, which I do quite like. However, it doesn't get carried all that often around town (don't have a watch pocket on what I wear regularly, and cant stand things lumping together at the bottom of my pockets). It does get carried when out in the woods, but usually in the pouch of a fixed blades sheath (BK15/16).

Some of these others seem like they'd be great though. The non serrated one hand trekker looks nice (, as do the thinner 1-2 layer alox ones. Those I might be able to handle in deep pocket carry around town.

16. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Got to be the Alox Soldier And then the Cadet. Really wish they would bring back the Cadet II. Or, even better, a Cadet with an awl ILO the file. They could call it a compact Pioneer.

17. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Dec 9, 2010
    My favorite was the plastic Bantam but I've had bad luck with them; the scales loosen up quickly and the toothpick gets stuck. This has happened on 4-5 Bantams.

I always have an Alox Bantam in my wallet and I've been carrying an Alox Solo a lot recently. I'd like to replace my Pioneer but that had a pretty mushy blade. I'd really like to see a large Alox Bantam.

18. DAVE_M

DAVE_M

Jun 16, 2010
    Alox Cadet, hands down.

[​IMG]

19. full flat grind

full flat grind

Jun 5, 2015
    I own and love several models, but the Midnite Manager is the one I wear on my keychain every day.

It's about the same size as a Classic, but I find the pen and LED flashlight more useful for EDC than the toothpick and tweezers, and it has a bottle opener and Phillips screwdriver to boot. Love it!

[​IMG]

20. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    For edc, Alox Cadet or Electrician, depending on which day you ask me.

My overall favorite is the alox soldier my grandfather gave me.

Edited to add that I don't carry the soldier because I've lost it so many times, and one of these times I won't be lucky enough to get it back, so it's retired.