favorites and most wanted sogs

I am new to sog knives and I am interested in that teamleader.
What's the steel type used in the original teamleader?
And can anyone give me a review on this knife? Compared with the tomcat.
Thanks!

Hi Ireed,

I'm sure Rob with be along shortly with a personal review, but in the meantime, let me brag a little bit on his behalf.

In this picture, you will see both a vintage TeamLeader (blued SK-5 carbon steel blade) in the left side of the picture and the Tomcat (the Boron Carbide coating and serrations...both added) in the lower left corner.

As you can see, the damn big Tomcat looks really small, don't it? ;)

Originally posted by Ron@SOG
Hi Ireed,

I'm sure Rob with be along shortly with a personal review, but in the meantime, let me brag a little bit on his behalf.

In this picture, you will see both a vintage TeamLeader (blued SK-5 carbon steel blade) in the left side of the picture and the Tomcat (the Boron Carbide coating and serrations...both added) in the lower left corner.

As you can see, the damn big Tomcat looks really small, don't it? ;)

Ron is right on both counts!:D The Team Leader makes the Tomcat seem small, and I couldn't leave that alone!;) If I remember, it weighs in at 14.7 oz, about halfway between the Bowie and the Tigershark!

I confess I don't use the Team Leader due to its collectible status, but I love the deep hollow ground blade and the micarta handle. I personally think the handle is a bit big for the blade, but it makes an impressive piece if you've ever handled one!:eek:

That picture shows the first 4, # 5 is the S5 Tigershark:cool: . I happened to find (with some help;) ) an original SOG Santa Monica, Plain edged, satin finish, SK-5 tool steel version of the Tigershark... picture of both (with Colleen and Flash 1 for size) attached:D

Attachments

• favourites.jpg
    favourites.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 39
Back