Favourite double edge razor blade...

Feather-Hi-Stainless-Double-Edge-Razor-Blade-Refills-10-Blades-Japanese-Taste_grande.jpg

Here's the English Flat-bottomed collection. The gold deluxe on the lower right is in daily rotation. The two in-box on the left have supposedly never been used..... (lol) but they are in excellent condition.

Attachments

• 20230520_040601.jpg
    20230520_040601.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 6
Yes, Feather blades can have a unrefined edge. When I use one and it gives me nicks, I'll take it and strop it on leather loaded with the green
rouge. Then shave with it. After 20 passes per bevel the edge will give a buttery smooth shave and no nicks. A big difference from a new blade. DM

Yes, Feather blades can have a unrefined edge. When I use one and it gives me nicks, I'll take it and strop it on leather loaded with the green
rouge. Then shave with it. After 20 passes per bevel the edge will give a buttery smooth shave and no nicks. A big difference from a new blade. DM
Wow what a brilliant idea David Martin - plus it saves loads of money and the planet - and trips to the shops / in person / online !
I don`t get nicked or irritated by Feather but I have tough skin living in really hot Countries ( 107 at midnight )

I`ve got some green jewellers rouge - ( 1 micron...ish ? ) and a smooth thick belt - job`s a good `un !

CHINESE_CHEAPIE_RAZORS.jpg

I used to use Gillette and Wilkinson Sword DE razors but couldn`t get many smooth or close shaves out of them when I was a teenager in the late seventies / early eighties.

After spending a bomb on expensive multi blade gunked up/ irritating junk plastic cartridges for decades I went back to DE safety razors and cut -throats.

I use yellow stainless Feathers ( but not every day ) but my current favourites are genuine uncoated carbon steel ones called Torpedo Lieres and they`re a bit like Treet blacks.I have to remember to stick `em on the radiator to stop rusting.

When I was living in Hurghada, Cairo and Alexandria I used a local, cheapie Egyptian brand called Lord - anything by them - the blue/white Super Stainless ones and Lord Platinum class.

The best ones are called Lord - Rainbow - made in Egypt but they`re dear and hard to find - they are smooth, get really close and you can get quite a few shaves out of them - If your beard / moustache isn`t like wire haha ! My beard is sort of medium.They get excellent reviews on Badger & Blade because the Lord Rainbows are so well balanced.

When I came back to England if I couldn`t find Lord blades I got another Egyptian brand called Bolzano which have got good reviews on shaving forums too.

The Bic razor blades are brilliant as well - nearly as sharp as a yellow Feather but much smoother - plus they`re cheap as chips.

I just bought a 2lb soap loaf which is Rosemary - It doesn`t dry my skin at all and is good value at Ā£13 quid a kilo.It is pure Castile soap - wonderful.It lathers up great.
I couldn`t be bothered to make my own soap ( I`m a herbalist ) because I`m too busy at the moment.

I also miss the white packet Cleopatra Egyptian cigarettes - smooth, satisfying but not harsh and only $10 for 200 long superkings - lovely.
And I miss Egyptian Special brew lager called Sakara King- 20% - proof / 10% - by volume lager beer - in the desert - mad but brilliant for me.

Memories heh? haha !

Last edited:
I used to use Gillette and Wilkinson Sword DE razors but couldn`t get many smooth or close shaves out of them when I was a teenager in the late seventies / early eighties.

After spending a bomb on expensive multi blade gunked up/ irritating junk plastic cartridges for decades I went back to DE safety razors and cut -throats.
I gave all my decent 100+ year old straight razors away because I didn`t know how much they were worth then and was using Gillette Mk II disposables at the time .I had about twenty or thirty altogether.Even 140 year old bespoke Theirs Issard vitually thrown away - sad

I use yellow stainless Feathers ( but not every day ) but my current favourites are genuine uncoated carbon steel ones called Torpedo Lieres and they`re a bit like Treet blacks.I have to remember to stick `em on the radiator to stop rusting.

When I was living in Hurghada, Cairo and Alexandria I used a local, cheapie Egyptian brand called Lord - anything by them - the blue/white Super Stainless ones and Lord Platinum class.

I miss the white packet Cleopatra Egyptian cigarettes - smooth, satisfying but not harsh and only $10 for 200 long superkings - lovely.
And I miss Egyptian Special brew lager called Sakara King- 20% proof beer - in the desert - mad but brilliant for me.

The best ones are called Lord - Rainbow - made in Egypt but they`re dear and hard to find - they are smooth, get really close and you can get quite a few shaves out of them - If your beard / moustache isn`t like wire haha ! My beard is sort of medium.They get excellent reviews on Badger & Blade because the Lord Rainbows are so well balanced.

When I came back to England if I couldn`t find Lord blades I got another Egyptian brand called Bolzano which have got good reviews on shaving forums too.

The Bic razor blades are brilliant as well - near as sharp as a yellow Feather but much smoother - plus they`re cheap as chips.

I just bought a 2lb soap loaf which is Rosemary - It doesn`t dry my skin at all and is good value at Ā£13 quid a kilo.It is pure Castile soap - wonderful.It lathers up great.
I couldn`t be bothered to make my own soap ( I`m a herbalist ) because I`m too busy at the moment.

I've used Feathers for almost fifteen years, but recently found five packs of old Wilkinson Swords in my drawer that I picked up somewhere along the way. That's what I've been using the past few months, and they're pretty smooth.Image.jpg

Back