Fear the Walking DEad? *possible spoilers* read at own risk

This was the most "Walking Deadish" episode. I think the two groups are going to meet sometime in the near future.

Leading a herd of walkers into an area that you're trying to break people out of didn't seem like a good idea and, sure enough, got someone killed... and all the other poor bastards the military was going to evacuate.

And what happened to "cobalt"? I thought we were going to see LA get fire bombed or something.

1) nobody cares about poor bastards, they are not family

2) pretty sure cobalt may have referred to termination of patients that can't be or won't make out through evacuation. As for anything more major, that particular sect of military didn't survive

Why did the Marine boyfriend shoot Ofelia?? And why the hell didn't her dad unzip him with a straight razor right after??

And what the hell is Fear The Walking Dead: Flight 462????

"Embrace the Madness"...lets see where they can go on that yacht. Sad to see Liza go, but someone has to

Walking Dead Flight 462 is gonna be a web series on the AMC website. They did it for TWD before to hold people over, it was low budget but kinda cool.

Travis is stepping up though, not a complete wuss...he used a gun to kill his ex-wife!

Flight 462 is a continuing series online about what happens with a walker on a plane.

It's walkers on the Damn plane (said like Sam Jackson)

Hey breavis, I think my new crush is the mom Madison. I like her alot. Totally opposite of Lori...I couldn't stand her. I kinda think Travis and Madison make a great zombie killing couple. Especially once they all grasp this reality and start to conform to this way of life. Nick seems to have a great way of looking at this...like he says..."Everyone is finally catching up to me." That shows he is going to hang around for a few episodes, I know most of y'all don't care for him, but I like the dude....his sister on the other hand needs to go if you ask me.

The solder shot Ophelia because she lured him into the house where he was tortured. Least that's the way I look at it. Not sure how soon the can hook up with rick's group in GA if they are heading to sea off the west coast. During the Talking Dead show the director commented that if we didn't see someone die they could come back. He was asked that in reference to the kid at the high school with the steak knife as he has a certain fan base. If you take that comment to heart I guess we could see the female doctor again as the last we saw of her she was sitting there with that pneumatic pistol in her hand. The soldier that was tortured, did Travis actually kill him? Thought he was still breathing when he quit hitting him. The daughters boyfriend was sick in bed but I can't remember if he was bitten or just sick? We didn't see him die.

Anyone else that might come back in a future episode?

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda think TWD franchise is about to jump the shark. I'll explain...

I was excited for FTWD because I thought it was going to tell a story that got skipped in the original series. With Rick in a coma, we only saw the spread of the disease and the unraveling of society in flashback mode. FTWD did just this, to a degree, but left me wanting more. Now we've progressed past the initial degradation of civilization and we've reached the point of "run and survive". The storyline for FTWD now mirrors the storyline for TWD with far less engaging characters. I can only see FTWD leaching viewers from TWD and both series weaker as a result. The zombie genre is fun, but its also a little worn out right now. Already the survivors in FTWD are making for a boat (see Dawn of the Dead remake, lol).

The survive vs. civilize theme of TWD can only be played out again now in FTWD and, along with all the intense personal drama, its feeling a little bit old and warmed over.

When I first heard of the FTWD show, I thought it was going to be a "one-off"; a short, brutal series depicting the unfortunate deaths of a group of unprepared civilians to a zombie apocalypse. Most people, in a theoretical zombie apocalypse, do die and I'd hoped that this show would tragically chronicle that sad fact. Unfortunately, we have yet another Saturday morning serial with human drama, intense emotions and a few zombies.

There's even a rumor that one of the characters from the Flight 462 web series will end up making their way into the FTWD series. It's just getting to be a bit too many avenues to tell the same story. Oh well, it could be worse...it could be vampires :barf:

Here's a question, perhaps somebody can answer for me. There are over 10 million people in LA County...where did they all go?

Maybe a case of too many beers last night (is it even possible to have TOO MANY beers?) but what ever became of the person in the house with the flashing light?

What (war?) crimes did the old man commit in his past?

What's up with the smooth talking black guy? He seems a little over the top with his personality.

Anyway..........lets drink..

Why did the Marine boyfriend shoot Ofelia?? And why the hell didn't her dad unzip him with a straight razor right after??
Normal human reaction, saw it coming, liking that b*** is
The reason he's in the trouble he's in now, not just razors but having the full fury of zombie stadium unleashed upon him and his brethren with no evacuation.

Dad's reaction is also normal and human, he was attending to his shot daughter!

Plus someone else had him down and under control,, which sucks that a solider can't pull off a basic hip escape.

Why does no-one in this world know jujitsu especially in California? We can have a chick waving around a silly cheap sword not a Japanese Iaido practitioner with some sense of power/form to his movements.

I want yojimbo vs zombies

The last episode was the best one so far. Finally a bit of action! The previous ones were putting me to sleep with all the slow character development. If they continue to pick up the pace next season, this might turn into a series worth watching! Now bring of the "real" walking dead!!!! One more week to wait!:D

You said it JDE! 13ring The Walking Dead! I just wish Rick had a 13olo 13 to start off season 6 with.

So what are they going to do with this thing?

hqdefault.jpg

It is too big to hide, too large for the present group, difficult to fuel, unarmed, requires relatively large docks and deep anchorages.

It looks like a fun toy for a short cruise, but certainly not my first choice for a zombie appocalypse. For one thing, the story line will get water logged if they get on this thing; will they play the Love Boat theme? Then again the the zombie plot may begin to look more like Pirates of the Caribbean. I would have gone with a much smaller sailboat (free fuel - and good range) or a fast speedboat (shallow draft and able to flee) over the floating palace.

n2s

Why does no-one in this world know jujitsu especially in California? I want yojimbo vs zombies

I was hoping they would show "Historic Filipino Town" so they would whip out the escrima on the Zombies. Also why no gangs? Not even in East LA. The gangs would have at least tried to take the military equipment

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda think TWD franchise is about to jump the shark. I'll explain...

As a reader of the comics and a supporter of the series before the show even came out, I agree.

I was excited for FTWD because I thought it was going to tell a story that got skipped in the original series. With Rick in a coma, we only saw the spread of the disease and the unraveling of society in flashback mode. FTWD did just this, to a degree, but left me wanting more. Now we've progressed past the initial degradation of civilization and we've reached the point of "run and survive". The storyline for FTWD now mirrors the storyline for TWD with far less engaging characters.

This is exactly my issue with it. It's just TWD: Part 2 at this point. Everything I was excited for in this series is now over, and it wasn't even touched upon all that often anyway.

There's even a rumor that one of the characters from the Flight 462 web series will end up making their way into the FTWD series. It's just getting to be a bit too many avenues to tell the same story. Oh well, it could be worse...it could be vampires :barf:

Robert Kirkman was on Marc Maron's WTF podcast a little while back, and said that AMC basically approached him and said, "we're doing FTWD with or without you, are you in?". So it seems that they're just going to expand indefinitely. And he hinted at it a little bit when Maron mentioned "so... what, eventually TWD: Bejing or something" and he said "well, yeah, actually".

I think it was intimated early on that the illness and the military had taken most of the population out. I found that I really needed to pay attention to side conversations like the one between the two soldiers up in the scissor lift before all the zombies came. As for all the other stuff you mentioned, I agree. That was my biggest issue with TWD. To much Rick eye humping the camera and always drama, not enough undead bashing.

Back