1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Feeling a bit Sluggish today.....

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Garth Reckner, Jul 1, 2019.

1. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Mike, same here. My kidney doc says it's the phosphoric acid that is commonly found in dark colas, putting stress on the kidney function.

2. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000

3. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I don't drink any sweetened drinks any more. Except... I guess you could call beer sweetened, since it is so high in carbohydrates. After reading a few articles implicating diet softdrinks in Type 2 diabetes, as well as the non-diet. I quit cold turkey. I think in the probably 8 years since, I can count on one hand the number of sweetened sodas I've had. And very few mixed alcoholic drinks. I do have a bit of weakness for margaritas and mojitos, so if I'm somewhere they make good versions of those, I'll have one.

But mostly it's coffee, some tea, beer, seltzer waters (not sweet)... and whiskeys of all types. If I could just kick the beer....

gk4ever2 likes this.
  4. stricknine

stricknine Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2008
    bourbon and diet mt dew for the win!! down here we get sundrop and like bossman said it has oj in it, cant go wrong with that!
    happy 4th to all!!!

5. JFLemm

JFLemm

Nov 29, 2013
    WOW, is that a TRUNK? I have been driving a truck for so long that I forgot exactly what they look like!

6. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Don't drink sodas, but I ask for an extra shot of expresso in my large coffee.
    Really improves the commercial stuff.

7. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Garth has a Hell Cat.
    He could therefore, never,ever, be "sluggish " :D

dogboye likes this.
  8. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Gin and Dew is pretty good too. Me and my friends can't decide if it is a Dewgin or a Gindew though

9. Mauser1916

Mauser1916

Jun 9, 2013
    ...need more power to make the proto of TGLB LE?

10. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Try gin & 7up; it's really good! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    It can change me from this :( to this :D....;)

clampdaddy likes this.