1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddleback Collections

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Dcaggie06, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I love that ironwood bear cub. Is that one 1/8" TT? If so, I'll take it.

2. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Thanks Phillip! :thumbsup:

Ha! I definitely have a penchant for them. Although I've tried to corner the market there's at least 3, that I know of, that I don't own. :)

Thank you. Awesome pun as well. :)

Thank you good sir! It's been a while since I posted any pics so I figured I needed a good one. :)

I can never answer this question. Obviously I like the Outlander, a lot. The KEB and Woodsman are at the top of the list as well but it's a long list for sure. :)

TPVT likes this.
  3. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Yep, my Bear Cub is 1/8" TT, the treatment and thickness I now consider my default favorite regardless of pattern-- so far. o_O

(So, uh, "no." :D)

The Bear Cub is possibly my favorite in use, and I wish I could carry it more often.

I've been admiring yours:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very nice! I love the look of the Hiking Buddy knives, and they seem to get more attention than other patterns of similar size, but the Bear Cub just seems to fit my hand better (as does my Patch).

Looks like you're going with, BOTH. :cool:

~ P.

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    thats gotta be the best looking KEB ever!

Tekton, Bmurray and Kal-El like this.
  5. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Ditto

Tekton and Bmurray like this.
  6. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I have to agree, the bear cub fits my hand better than any other FB I own. I have to get it out more.

7. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    who's KEB is that?
    is it bobs?

8. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    yep

9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    So.......Kylie wins the Best Wife Ever award!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I 've been trying to get her to snag the KPH in CPM off the Flea Market to no avail, sorry rcartmell.
    Apparently, she has been talking to Andy the past week or so trying to buy the perfect knife for my B-day. Unknowingly, I picked it out.
    Last week, Andy asked me to pick out an Epic knife for him to give as a gift to someone. I picked 2 or three from the 7/14 batch of knives. He chose the BCJr. I made sure it got sharpened w/ those knives on Monday and put it on his desk after it had all the sharpening gunk cleaned off..Bye Bye awesome BCJr. But, she went by Allen's house last week to pick it up.
    Sneaky Sneaky( I think I know what is going to be her second Fiddleback)

Im very excited, I've been trying to decide what combo of wood bolstered wood scales I want since Allen started doing them. I got it. Look out for a pretty awesome EDK coming soon:cool:
    [​IMG]

10. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    That's one heck of a knife, Phillip. And, of course, one heck of a wife! Congrats on both ends!

VANCE and Tutone like this.
  11. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Thanks Sergio:thumbsup:

12. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    That ones up there with Bob's epic Bushfinger. Awesome gift!

VANCE likes this.
  13. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Many Fiddlebacks have come and gone for me over the last four years around here. I have learned a lot through that experience and made many new friends along the way. This is the current state of my collection as I continue to narrow things down to my favorite users.

[​IMG][/url
    ]

[​IMG][/url
    ]

More changes to come…

Phil

14. jb33

jb33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    What is the second knife on the left? Is that an Arete?

15. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Phil, nice work on that Sneaky! :thumbsup: It just looks so right. Making me think I need to move the Sneaky off my never again list.

16. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Yes

17. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Awesome collection!!

Some models threw me off a bit until I remembered the Guarded/Guardless thread. :)

18. jb33

jb33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Question for those who have much more knowledge on this topic. Are Shadetree scales on the heavier side? I have a Bushfinger 1/8 TT coffebag burlap and a Bushfinger 5/32 TT African Blackwood. I was pleasantly surprised when I put them on the scale and both were exactly 5.6 oz (159g). On a side note, everyone on this forum is extremely helpful and the amount of information posted is mind boggling but awesome to read through. I purchased my first Fiddleback, a Bushfinger, about 9 months ago after 15 years of backpacking/camping with a bunch of Mora's, Benchmades, etc.. Over the last several months, I "somehow" have accumulated a Hiking Buddy, Handyman, Duke, Camp Muk, Nessmuk, Arete (arriving today) and two other Bushfinger's. Each knife has such a unique feel and I still have a OS Ladyfinger, Bushnub and a Patch on my wish list. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    sounds like you are off to a good start.

The Shadetree scales are on the heavier side of things. G10 is probably a tad heavier.

20. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    As Mr. Kirkwood already confirmed, it is an Arete. The high grind and thin taper on this one gives it a very svelte look and feel.

As a side note, once I hear back on an old dibs request, my Arete and Custom Shop Duke will be moving to a flea market near you soon.

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

Thanks for the compliment on my modded Sneaky. It has taken on a Puukko-like look and feel that I love. This is not a mod that will appeal to most folks, but it works for me.

It takes a lot to throw you off. It seems like you have, or had, had one of everything. :D

Phil