Fiddleback community center

From what I can tell, indications are that Victoria, TX has been hammered by Harvey, with major flooding likely to come. :(

Warrior108 Warrior108 , check in when you can? We're thinking about you.

~ P.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

We're safe, been busy. I'm pooped. A lot more work ahead.

There are fish that swim around your feet as you walk through the pastures.The girls want to go fishing tomorrow.

My funny thought in my head from yesterday: I'm soooo thankful we had A hot bath .. and I didn't even care that I was the 6th person to use the water.

Our family was pretty lucky compared to many others in the area who were hit pretty hard with damage. We had some damage but it was nothing in comparison to what we've seen driving around.

Prayers out to Houston and surrounding areas for sure!

More later.

Thanks,
Jerry

As I am sure you all know there is another hurricane headed towards southern Florida. My son, Levi, is currently stationed as Naval Air Station Key West, which is directly in the suspected path. Beginning at 8pm tonight all military personnel have been ordered to evacuate. They have been directed to go to the Atlanta area. Please pray for safe travels for all of them heading north. Also since he is going to be in the Atlanta area for a few days, if he doesn't have any other obligations, I am going to suggest he come tour Fiddleback Forge. If he has the time and the inkling to visit, who should I have him reach out to. Thanks.

Andy

As I am sure you all know there is another hurricane headed towards southern Florida. My son, Levi, is currently stationed as Naval Air Station Key West, which is directly in the suspected path. Beginning at 8pm tonight all military personnel have been ordered to evacuate. They have been directed to go to the Atlanta area. Please pray for safe travels for all of them heading north. Also since he is going to be in the Atlanta area for a few days, if he doesn't have any other obligations, I am going to suggest he come tour Fiddleback Forge. If he has the time and the inkling to visit, who should I have him reach out to. Thanks.

Andy
I'm no authority on who to reach out to. That said I would have him call Phillip! aka Vance...!
Best of luck and safe travels to your son!

Andy
Safe travels for your son and his brothers.
Douglas is right.
Definitely have him reach out to me at phillip@fiddlebackforge.com and I would be happy to set something up.

Last Saturday I had the good fortune to visit M4Super90 aka Phillip, and his wife Meredith here in the Texas Hill Country. My apologies for no pictures. We did get to do quite a fun show and tell with the knives he had there and my whole "kit and kaboodle", 65+ [I have no idea what that really means "kit and kaboodle"]. Phillip has probably owned more than twice as many knives as I actually have possession of! Fiddleback Forge owners hospitality is alive and well in Texas. BTW Phillip and Meredith both cook REALLY GOOD!!! Again apologies for zero pictures. Thanks Again Phillip and Meredith Looking forward to when you come this way again.

Last Saturday I had the good fortune to visit M4Super90 aka Phillip, and his wife Meredith here in the Texas Hill Country. My apologies for no pictures. We did get to do quite a fun show and tell with the knives he had there and my whole "kit and kaboodle", 65+ [I have no idea what that really means "kit and kaboodle"]. Phillip has probably owned more than twice as many knives as I actually have possession of! Fiddleback Forge owners hospitality is alive and well in Texas. BTW Phillip and Meredith both cook REALLY GOOD!!! Again apologies for zero pictures. Thanks Again Phillip and Meredith Looking forward to when you come this way again.

That is awesome Douglas. I know from experience that Phillip & Meredith are exceptional chefs along with all their other talents. When my wife and I visited them the first time at their house, we got so wrapped up in talking, eating, and drinking that hours went by before Phillip and I looked at each other and said we better get some knife pictures taken before the day was gone. It is easy to lose track of time when you spend time with great friends. I am glad that y'all got to spend some quality time together.

Phil

That is awesome Douglas. I know from experience that Phillip & Meredith are exceptional chefs along with all their other talents. When my wife and I visited them the first time at their house, we got so wrapped up in talking, eating, and drinking that hours went by before Phillip and I looked at each other and said we better get some knife pictures taken before the day was gone. It is easy to lose track of time when you spend time with great friends. I am glad that y'all got to spend some quality time together.

Phil
Phil, Wouldn't it be great to all meet up one day for great food and drink, smoke cigars, and look at great knives! And hire a photographer!

Thoughts and prayers out to those encountering and going to encounter Irma. Florida, Georgia and on up to the Carolinas maybe .... please be safe.

Evacuate if its recommended. Water, non-perishable foods, gas cans, gas, batteries, external batteries for cell phones, generator for freezer(s) and AC and mosquito spray for afterwards. If you're going to use generators, have enough correct extension cords, know what power your appliances use and how much your generator can handle.

Well, it's getting real around here. I drove our personal vehicle 7 hours yesterday to drop it off where it'll be stored while we are gone. My family and I had flights for 11pm tomorrow out of Miami to head back down to Bolivia for a couple years. The airline moved the flight up to 6am tomorrow. I am at an airport right now to fly down to Orlando where I'll pick up a rental van.

The flight here has been delayed 1 hour. That puts me landing in Orlando later then I need to. Then I have a drive a couple hours to pick up my family and a mountain of luggage. Then we'll be driving south towards Miami. Yup, you read that right, South TOWARDS Miami! There is talk of shutting down I95 southbound and turning it into all lanes to the North.

IF they do that, we're in trouble and will probably miss our flights. We don't have a home here in the USA to go to if we miss this flight. It's going to be a wild next day to get back to South America!

Be safe Luke. Hope you and the family make it through all that to get back to Bolivia.

Well, it's getting real around here. I drove our personal vehicle 7 hours yesterday to drop it off where it'll be stored while we are gone. My family and I had flights for 11pm tomorrow out of Miami to head back down to Bolivia for a couple years. The airline moved the flight up to 6am tomorrow. I am at an airport right now to fly down to Orlando where I'll pick up a rental van.

The flight here has been delayed 1 hour. That puts me landing in Orlando later then I need to. Then I have a drive a couple hours to pick up my family and a mountain of luggage. Then we'll be driving south towards Miami. Yup, you read that right, South TOWARDS Miami! There is talk of shutting down I95 southbound and turning it into all lanes to the North.

IF they do that, we're in trouble and will probably miss our flights. We don't have a home here in the USA to go to if we miss this flight. It's going to be a wild next day to get back to South America!
Stay Safe and Good Luck! Let us know when you make it to Bolivia if you can.

Be safe. Maybe they can Uber out with someone, along with luggage and meet you somewhere between?

good luck SA and all our Florida friends

I-75 North is jacked up. The news said they were going to change I-75 South into North bound only lanes Saturday

Gov. Deal has declared those folks that willingly ignore the mandatory evacuation order in the 94 Ga. counties under the order are going to "be on their own".

stay safe folks

Yeah my sister lives on the Florida coast and I can't convince her to evacuate. She and her husband have decided to ride out the storm. I'm not all too happy about it.

I've also been in contact with Rick Lowe who recently moved to Florida. He's Inland though and relatively protected on his spot. He's sitting tight as well.

Back