1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Fiddleback community center

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Joe Duder, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Hulk2e

Hulk2e Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Sorry to hear. You mother will be in our thoughts and prayers. It's not easy seeing your folks get older.

VANCE likes this.
  2. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Hope your Mom will recover quick Phillip. Glad You and Kylie were there for her.

VANCE likes this.
  3. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Hey buddy you know those of us who are in the general area will do anything we can to help you out. It's not that far away. Let us help you if we can.

VANCE likes this.
  4. fatboyclone

fatboyclone Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2003
    So sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers are being sent. Hopefully your mom recovers quickly

VANCE likes this.
  5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Thanks everyone! It means a lot to us.

My mom was in good spirits today. Hopefully tomorrow she will be able to get in and see an Orthopedist.

My aunt & uncle came down from Kentucky today & will be staying withe her for awhile to make sure she gets to her Dr appointments & helping her out.

Luca917, Scotcha and schmittie like this.
  6. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Phillip. I just saw this. What a scare. Prayers from the wife and I for a speedy recovery for your mom. And thoughts with you and Kylie as she will need your love and support during this time.

VANCE likes this.
  7. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Hey Phillip, praying for your mom. Glad to hear her spirits are up.

VANCE likes this.
  8. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    thanks Choppa & Nathan

9. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    Sorry to hear about this Phillip.

My wife's Grandmother is getting into some pretty serious but undiagnosed dementia. It seems to come and go right now but she managed to get a compound fracture in her finger but "forgot" and went to bed. Then forgot how she got it when she woke up.

Then she wanted to go to the hospital but half way there forgot where she was going, then ended up back at home without her car. Then forgot where she left her car, and her car keys, and how she got home.

Really glad to hear your Mom was able to stay in place and get help without compounding the issue. Gives me faith that everything will be OK.

Sending you and yours lots of positivity.

10. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Just came across this today. Definitely a scare! Glad to hear you were there for her. Sounds like she is in good hands.

11. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I missed this somehow! Dang, glad to hear her spirits are up. That's a scary situation for sure!

12. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    @VANCE - how's your mom doing, now?

(How's everyone else?)

~ P.

13. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    man, best of luck & returning the good vibes
    thanks Tek!
    thanks Buddy
    Everyone is good.
    My mom made it in to see the orthopedist on Tuesday. She ended up chipping the top of the humorous and fracturing it lengthwise.

They put her in a more substantial sling than what was provided at the ER.that seemed to help her mobility a lot. She can get in & out of the chair/bed w/o assistance now.
    The Dr. told her if she followed his instructions, they probably would not have to operate. And at the end of it, the rehab would be brutal.

Phillip

Odaon likes this.
  14. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I'm glad to hear things are looking up Phillip!

VANCE likes this.
  15. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    I know this ain't no party but I'm late again as usual. Phillip All Blessings on your Mom for a speedy recovery!

VANCE likes this.
  16. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    All in all, a good report! I'm grateful, for all your sakes. Thx.

~ P.

17. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    From what I can tell, indications are that Victoria, TX has been hammered by Harvey, with major flooding likely to come. :(

@Warrior108, check in when you can? We're thinking about you.

~ P.

18. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    Exchanged emails with him yesterday...Everyone is none the worse for wear...Some tornado action nearby, some trees down mainly from the over saturated soil. Lots of wind and rain!!....That said everyone is safe and doing well...having lived in south Texas for many years in the past, folks down there know how to manage and stick together helping one another. country folk!

Scotcha and Nbrackett like this.
  19. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    It is becoming that way for our parents. Terrible to lose them even while they are still here.

20. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    Really great update.

Thanks!

~ P.

varga49 likes this.