Fiddleback Firesteels?

Matching FS would be very cool but I would guess they would be pricey. To step away from the grinder to put firesteels together would not make much sense to me.

Agreed. I would really love to see some custom Fiddleback firesteels--I'm quite sure they'd be both functional and handsome just like Fiddleback knives--and if Andy started offering them I would certainly pick one up...but in reality it doesn't seem plausible. I'd imagine it's already challenging for him to make enough knives to satisfy the demand of all the knife knuts out there and realistically anything that capitalizes Andy's shop time that is NOT him making some new blades for us to drool over doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I certainly can't say for sure but I'd expect that making knives is more or less a full time job for Andy, so any other projects would mean less Fiddleback knives are being produced...and that would be a loss for all of us. As cool as a Fiddleback firesteel would be it's not the type of thing I'd like to see a knife maker of Andy's skill level spending his shop time on. If there is someone in this community who wants to take on this project the concept of custom firesteels to match Fiddleback knives is a really great one, just not something a maker of highly sought after knives should be spending a lot of time on IMO.

Also, since Fiddleback firesteels are not to be had at this point in time, if you're currently looking for a firesteel with a little extra something Knives Ship Free offer a great selection of BRKT custom firesteels: http://www.knivesshipfree.com/index.php?cPath=496_667_706

Back