Fiddleback Forge Comparison Photos (PIC Heavy)

maw

Hello Folks,

Here is my small and humble collection of FBF knives. I got them all out today (less another Hunter that is on the way) to take some comparison photos for you all. Oh shoot, I just realized I left my Terassaur out of the photos as well. That makes a total of two knives not in the photos. Sorry about that.

I would like to point out that I properly lined them all up on the yellow measurement line at the bottom of the cutting board so that the measurements would be valid. I noticed in some of the photos is does not look as though I did this...optical illusion I guess because of the angle of the photo shot.

I hope you enjoy the photos and find them useful.

Mark

From left to right, the knife models are: 3-Finger Joe, Hiking Buddy x2, Bushboot, Ladyfinger, KE Bushie, Bushcrafter, Bushfinger x3, and Hunter.

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120005.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120004.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120015.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120008.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120011.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120012.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120013.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120009.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120010.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120016.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120006.jpg

2012_0716markknifepics23jun120010.jpg

man I am impressed. Good job. Might want to do it again with the other two that are missing :)

Wow! Outstanding family photo Mark. It's hard to pick a favorite but I think the Hunter is it. The KE Bushie is also really nice.

Thanks for posting this!

Thank you all for your kind comments. :) I hope these photos help in some way. Measurements in and of themselves are great, but side-by-side comparisons photos really bring it home for me.

I will add the Terassaur and other Hunter once the Hunter arrives. I can also try to take more photos if you like, perhaps different combos and/or different angles?

Mark

Mark your pic has sold me on the KE Bushie. I haven't given that one much thought because I've been smitten with so many others. I think I found my next choice. That blade with some variation of blaze orange would make a great deer knife along with it's intended bushcraft duties.

That blade with some variation of blaze orange would make a great deer knife along with it's intended bushcraft duties.

That's what I said about my Bushfinger! Funny how we can all use different knives, shapes, styles, sizes etc, for the same task. I enjoy the many differences we all have.

I have worked on batches in Andy's shop that did not have that meny fiddlebacks in it! Very impressive collection

I'm really liking the bushfingers more and more everytime I see them. Probably going to have to put one on my list. That KE bushie is nice too. What are the handles on the KE? Its hard to tell if the top slab is dyed wood or just micarta or g10.

Hi Mark

Thats a great collection you have there mate , which one is your favourite at the moment ? ( I say at the moment because my favourite knife can change from time to time) .

I am hoping to collect my second fiddleback knife from the customs office later today , the postman should bring my import letter this morning so I can collect it :)

Thanks for posting the pics - comparisons side by side are fantastic, especially if I have one of the knives in the collection - it is easier to extend what the other knives will feel like in the hand.

I'm really liking the bushfingers more and more everytime I see them. Probably going to have to put one on my list. That KE bushie is nice too. What are the handles on the KE? Its hard to tell if the top slab is dyed wood or just micarta or g10.

The Bushfingers are neat. I didn't warm up to them at first, but it is kind of obvious I have now. :) The KE Bushie has African Blackwood on white stripe and Natural Canvas Micarta.

Mark

Hi Mark

Thats a great collection you have there mate , which one is your favourite at the moment ? ( I say at the moment because my favourite knife can change from time to time) .

I am hoping to collect my second fiddleback knife from the customs office later today , the postman should bring my import letter this morning so I can collect it :)

Hi niper,

My favorite one at the moment...the Bushcrafter. It was my first and kind of stole my heart. Which one are you expecting in the post?

Mark

Gee fellas. Thank you again for your kind comments.

I keep buying them because they make me eye balls go wonkers and I am extremely impressed with Andy's work. He has got real talent.

Mark

Back