1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fiddleback Forge Pro-series pics

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Hurrul

Hurrul Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Like the handles on smaller models in this series, the contoured handle on the machete makes it very comfortable and a versatile worker by allowing for multiple hand possessions depending on the force of your swing or precision of your intended cut.

[​IMG]

Bmurray, Lady1911 and Nbrackett like this.
  2. Hotshot10

Hotshot10 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2012
    @Lady1911

That is some nice work. I wish I had more time on the weekends. :(

Lady1911 likes this.
  3. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
  4. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Pro Kephart (in dire need of a good clean/oil session)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    Even though I love the Fiddleback machete, I still occasionally use a regular old-fashioned cane knife. For anyone unfamiliar, it’s super thin but really effective on briars, Roseau canes, palmettos, etc. It’s a must-have companion to the machete when clearing trails in the flooded timber and swamps here.

[​IMG]

6. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Sorry for the slow reply, I've been in Japan all week with work. Yes, I made it a while ago. Haven't made any in a few years since we moved to Kansas City.

Bmurray likes this.
  7. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    You'll be at trackrock?

8. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I will. Fly out Thursday for the weekend... Don't know where I'll be staying as I've lost track of that bubble, you got a spare bed or a lead on a spot? Calling the Campground tomorrow is on my list with finding my rental car reservation that I know I made, but can't seem to locate either.

Bmurray likes this.
  9. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I think we might. Bring a sleeping bag as we may have a couch open

10. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    IMG_0304.JPG

My Prod HB. Like it, handle has good grip but feels a little blockish, anyone else feel the same? Any way to increase handle comfort in different positions? Just my two cents.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  11. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Just had an idea, I think this has been mentioned before, can some Osage Handle scales be made for a production knife?

12. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Like this?

IMG_1958.JPG

Lady1911 and Nbrackett like this.
  13. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Yup, maybe thinner than the regular handles but still contoured at spots.

14. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    I don’t have an answer for you, but just wanted to mention that I understand what you’re saying about the blockish feeling. It is not an issue on my pro-kephart, though. It may be something specific to the HB because I find that the Kep is pleasantly ergonomic in my hand. I think any “blockish” feeling in the handle might be offset by the actual design of the Kephart’s handle shape. Would be interested to know if modifying or contouring the HB’s scales is possible, because the grippiness and durability of the scales is amazing and should be retained.

15. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks.