Fiddleback Forge Pro-series pics

Like the handles on smaller models in this series, the contoured handle on the machete makes it very comfortable and a versatile worker by allowing for multiple hand possessions depending on the force of your swing or precision of your intended cut.

hWgUp0Yl.jpg

Even though I love the Fiddleback machete, I still occasionally use a regular old-fashioned cane knife. For anyone unfamiliar, it’s super thin but really effective on briars, Roseau canes, palmettos, etc. It’s a must-have companion to the machete when clearing trails in the flooded timber and swamps here.

Diggn those custom pinstripes, Swo! Did you make that steel?

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been in Japan all week with work. Yes, I made it a while ago. Haven't made any in a few years since we moved to Kansas City.

You'll be at trackrock?

I will. Fly out Thursday for the weekend... Don't know where I'll be staying as I've lost track of that bubble, you got a spare bed or a lead on a spot? Calling the Campground tomorrow is on my list with finding my rental car reservation that I know I made, but can't seem to locate either.

I think we might. Bring a sleeping bag as we may have a couch open

IMG_0304.JPG

My Prod HB. Like it, handle has good grip but feels a little blockish, anyone else feel the same? Any way to increase handle comfort in different positions? Just my two cents.

Last edited:
View attachment 1201770

My Prod HB. Like it, handle has good grip but feels a little blockish, anyone else feel the same? Any way to increase handle comfort in different positions? Just my two cents.

Just had an idea, I think this has been mentioned before, can some Osage Handle scales be made for a production knife?

View attachment 1201770

I don’t have an answer for you, but just wanted to mention that I understand what you’re saying about the blockish feeling. It is not an issue on my pro-kephart, though. It may be something specific to the HB because I find that the Kep is pleasantly ergonomic in my hand. I think any “blockish” feeling in the handle might be offset by the actual design of the Kephart’s handle shape. Would be interested to know if modifying or contouring the HB’s scales is possible, because the grippiness and durability of the scales is amazing and should be retained.

Back