Fiddleback Friday 1/10/2014

OK, OK....

2014 0110 014 – Bushcrafter, OD on nat can no pinstripe, Sweetness, Tapered Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $265

Please

Mist,

If I sharked that Bushcrafter from you, you can have dibs! I was sitting here trying to resist, then I posted.... then I saw your comment.

-Will

Outstanding batch of knives Andy! Lots of sexy curves going on in this one, and lots of beautiful wooden handles too. I need a Scorpion or Asp like I need another hole in my head these days, but damn I'm liking the looks of them. I think Thurin and comapny are getting to me, if I could for sure swing it, I would definitely snag that OD Bushcrafter today.

Those are about the two most opposite knives in the bunch: a super pointy Scorpion and a very unpointy Bushcrafter. I thought you were more at the pointy end of the spectrum. Must be that cold Michigan air finally getting to you.

Mist,

If I sharked that Bushcrafter from you, you can have dibs! I was sitting here trying to resist, then I posted.... then I saw your comment.

-Will

LOL, it's cool man, I was still trying to decide if I could for sure afford it. Enjoy it!

Those are about the two most opposite knives in the bunch: a super pointy Scorpion and a very unpointy Bushcrafter. I thought you were more at the pointy end of the spectrum. Must be that cold Michigan air finally getting to you.

Oh. I love pointy alright, but I'd just get in trouble up here packing that Scorpion :) Yeah yeah, sure...act all innocent and stuff after you've spent weeks telling me how sweet that Bushcrafter is ;)

This is the only time of the week that I wish my power would go off. I have my eye on those hunters...Dang it
I'm supposed to be lurking today. I'm outta here...it's the only way I can stop myself from cutting and pasting...LOL

Excellent batch this week Andy. I like the Scorpion I bought on Monday. I believe it's the first one you sold here...correct? I was commenting earlier in another thread that in the 1/8" feels like a high dollar fly fishing rod in my hand it's so sleek, smooth and so light if I could figure out a way to put a reel on it I might try and use it when trout season opens....hey a guy can use his imagination can't he?

Gordy

actually change that to

2014 0110 025 – Hunter, Arizona Desert Ironwood (slim handle) over black g10 with an orange g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel – 345

Ill take this one instead

Last edited:
Man, what a sweet batch of knives. every week there is a blade I'm lusting after. I feel like a crack addict lol

If it's still available, I'll have this one:

2014 0110 001 – EDCII

Those Scorpions are awesome!

That natural g10 on orange and black configuration needs a name: orange cream, orange crush, orange Julius. Cool configuration.

I would like 2014 0110 013 – Woodchuck, African Blackwood over natural canvas with an orange g10 pinstripe, SFT tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $280

If it's still available :eek:

It looks like this one is still available. Of so I'll take it.

2014 0110 028 – Hunter, Drunken burlap over natural canvas with a lime green g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $305

This is the only time of the week that I wish my power would go off. I have my eye on those hunters...Dang it
I'm supposed to be lurking today. I'm outta here...it's the only way I can stop myself from cutting and pasting...LOL

Excellent batch this week Andy. I like the Scorpion I bought on Monday. I believe it's the first one you sold here...correct? I was commenting earlier in another thread that in the 1/8" feels like a high dollar fly fishing rod in my hand it's so sleek, smooth and so light if I could figure out a way to put a reel on it I might try and use it when trout season opens....hey a guy can use his imagination can't he?

Gordy

I'm with you on this; I have a 1/8" tapered tang scorpion and the only adjective that comes to mind is scalpel. Crazy fast in the hand and something along the lines of a razor sharp feather. After spending a few years or so training with/around edged weapons, I have seldom seen the kind of balance and poise in the hand that I feel with my scorpion. Granted it is a pretty purpose oriented knife, but an excellent example at that.

OK, OK....

2014 0110 014 – Bushcrafter, OD on nat can no pinstripe, Sweetness, Tapered Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $265

Please

You got it Will. Thank You!

actually change that to

2014 0110 025 – Hunter, Arizona Desert Ironwood (slim handle) over black g10 with an orange g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel – 345

Ill take this one instead

You got the Hunter Immiami! Thanks!

If it's still available, I'll have this one:

2014 0110 001 – EDCII

You got it DH. Thank You!

I would like 2014 0110 013 – Woodchuck, African Blackwood over natural canvas with an orange g10 pinstripe, SFT tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $280

If it's still available :eek:

Gorgeous score. Thanks S.

It looks like this one is still available. Of so I'll take it.

2014 0110 028 – Hunter, Drunken burlap over natural canvas with a lime green g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $305

Thanks J. You got it!

The Runt is stunning:eek:... I found the runt gone fastest & is 99.99% impossible for me to get one :p

Last edited:
i love that handle pattern on the runt

if i didnt already have one it might not have made it to friday

Note to self, If you find something you like don't wait and look through the rest of the pics for others too, you can come back and get another one if necessary. I liked that Runt, There was an Asp like that I saw on the FB site that was gorgeous, Total want.
The Elder Burl Sneaky Pete though was a stunner. If I didn't already have one I would have taken it.

Seems like if Andy made more runts like that gorgeous move. I'd grab one. I need an O1 runt and those bolsters are sweet!

Back