Fiddleback Friday 1/10/2014

i thought i didnt need a f2 since i got the KPH....then andy told me i still needed a f2....maybe one in the same config?

Love the White oak Bushfinger combo Andy. Don't think I've seen that before, hope to see more of it in the future.

Andy,
Another stunning group of knives. Just amazing ...
Congrats to all on your new acquisitions!

~Edge

Hi. Payment sent via PayPal. Andy, The batch this week .....awesome. Hard to pick a favorite.

2014 0110 005 – Hiking Buddy, Natural on black with orange g10’s, SFT Tang, Convex sabergrind on 1/8” thick Fiddltextured 01 steel - $200

Payment inbound.

FTR this will be my first Fiddleback. Should I have sprung for the CPM for a user knife?

Last edited:
2014 0110 005 – Hiking Buddy, Natural on black with orange g10’s, SFT Tang, Convex sabergrind on 1/8” thick Fiddltextured 01 steel - $200

Payment inbound.

FTR this will be my first Fiddleback. Should I have sprung for the CPM for a user knife?

Cool VolGrad! Welcome to the Fiddleback Family. Hiking Buddy is a great knife. O1 is perfect for a user. Use it in the kitchen, outside, etc. Wipe it down if it gets wet. Let it form a patina. Oil it if it's going to sit for a while. It'll last forever.

There are a few threads regarding O1 and SS, take a look through for more info.

Ok the Scorpions are killing me. Quick question on them. How are the width of the handles compared to your Hiking buddy?

Thanks,
Dax

Ok the Scorpions are killing me. Quick question on them. How are the width of the handles compared to your Hiking buddy?

Thanks,
Dax
Dax...I just happened to be in here at the moment so I thought I'd give you some help. Andy may answer you later. The handles are not the same. The scorpion has a much thinner handle and it's longer than the Hiking Buddy. I can tell you that for me they both feel great in hand. The scorpion blade is also longer.

Hope that helps you.
Gordy

Thanks,
Dax

I could very well be speaking outta turn here since I don't actually have a scorpion or any of the Sneaky Pete family yet (yet!), but there's definitely a difference in the handle style.

The Sneaky Pete family look to line up more with the Bushfinger handle style which is pretty distinct from the Hiking Buddy/Arete/Bushcrafter handle style.

Width's on the other hand vary per knife. My Hiking Buddy, while being a much smaller knife, has basically the same thickness as my Arete and Kephart.

ETA: Gordy beat me too it.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was hoping to here. I knew it was a different shape and longer but was hoping it was not any thicker, I have little girl hands and anything thicker would not work good for me at all.

Thanks,
Dax

Dax,
I have both a sneaky and scorpion; the scorpion handle is a thinner, streamlined version of the sneaky. Same/ ergonomics, but OD is quite a bit less. While I cannot speak to the hiking buddy, I can say say that the scorpion's handle is definitely narrower than my bushfinger, hunter, nessie, shank, and sneaky pete. I know Andy occasionally releases slim or thin handled knives on FBFs; might be worth reaching out to him.

Thanks,
Dax

Thanks, that is exactly what I was hoping to here. I knew it was a different shape and longer but was hoping it was not any thicker, I have little girl hands and anything thicker would not work good for me at all.

Thanks,
Dax

Hi Dax. The Scorpion has my slimmest handle edge to spine.

Knives are shipping today - sorry for the day's delay. We were down a man in the shop yesterday and I couldn't get to the PO before they closed. Heading there now!

Thanks,
Ken

wow that was quick ken

i got mine already

005_zps047d1658.jpg

Back