Fiddleback Friday - 12/09/16

I really thought the ED Karda would have went first. Great knife and you don't see them very often.

That thin Leuku is pretty cool

I was thinking the same thing. Man I bet than thing is slicey.

I had no idea the cord wrapped Forager was going to be tapered. Makes me want it more, but less able to afford it lol. That Camel Thorn Lady is gorgeous. Prettiest piece of Camel Thorn I have seen so far. I really like that convex HB. A custom shop version of that or the Kephart would be awesome!

I was thinking the same thing. Man I bet than thing is slicey.

I had no idea the cord wrapped Forager was going to be tapered. Makes me want it more, but less able to afford it lol. That Camel Thorn Lady is gorgeous. Prettiest piece of Camel Thorn I have seen so far. I really like that convex HB. A custom shop version of that or the Kephart would be awesome!

Yeah, I've got my eye on it, but I've already got me too many Christmas Presents. May feel differently tomorrow afternoon, but we'll see.

Yeah, I've got my eye on it, but I've already got me too many Christmas Presents....

I know what you mean. To me the cord wrap really suits that line of models very well, and I really love the grinds and spalting on that one....but just too rich for my blood right now. I'll just have to content myself with finally getting a final version of the Bushfinger in tapered 5/32 and DIW tomorrow when it arrives. That should keep me distracted for a while. I have been wanting to really play with one for years and have been waiting on the one that "spoke to me" :)

here is what is available

2016 1209 02 – Stubbymuk w/ blk/pink G10 over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT, Convex on spalted 3/32" A2 - $260

2016 1209 03 – EDKarda w/ ruby burlap over natural liners & blue pinstripes, SFT, Convex on spalted 3/32" A2 - $290

2016 1209 05 – Hiking Buddy w/ osage over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT, Scandi ground on spalted 3/32" A2 - $300

2016 1209 09 – Recluse w/ maple burl over natural liners & blue pinstripes, TT, Convex on spalted ⅛" A2 - $340

2016 1209 12 – Leuku w/ osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes, SFT, Convex on spalted 3/32" A2 - $375:eek:

2016 1209 13 – Duke w/ osage over natural liners & lime pinstripes, TT, Convex on spalted 5/32" A2 - $470

2016 1209 15 – Forager w/ hemp wrap over leather liners, no pinstripe, TT, Convex on spalted 5/32" A2 - $290

2016 1209 17 - Hiking Buddy w/ natural canvas, no liners & no pinstripes, SFT, Flat ground on ⅛" S35VN - $195

There are some amazing knives that made it to Saturday. Surprises me the Osage blades are still available.

That is a sexy knife. I love that 2x2 black and blue g10.

It does look fantastic in those contours. Alayna saw it and likes it to. So now I have another handle color option to keep my eyes out for. The black and blue G10, the Yellowjacket, and the fiesta. She really likes the Yellowjacket. After letting her use my Handyman a good bit lately, I may even go that route when I can. She's been using a knife long enough now I may be ready for her to have a guardless knife. She has a "survival" knife to train with that Ed made for her. She needs a classy knife for other times. I don't make every outing about some form of survival training these days.

There are some amazing knives that made it to Saturday. Surprises me the Osage blades are still available.

I agree. Wish I could afford that Osage Leuku. That's gotta be a sweet slicer. I'm surprised you didn't go after it.

I'm hatching a plan with Whitty that may take all my reserve monopoly money. I'm also working on some Buffalo Trace Bourbon in homage to the great drive west of this past week. I should have stopped for a tour and shopping; but you know, walking through the door at 8:30, dead tired and aching in my bones, after having left the hotel in Beaver, WV, at 6:45 and feeling like I had arrived at Home was a great feeling. Was cool to have the new house and the new town have that very familiar and comforting home feeling. Not sure that I'd have felt the same way had I stopped Missouri for the night. I thought about ringing up BMurray as I crossed the Mississippi River, but I was in the zone (and a little afraid to stop, the area off I-70 looked a lot rough).

Now, about the Leuku.....

And for Brian, I don't know if you've thought about the stubbymuk, but that is an awesome little knife for more civilized purposes. I'm just not sure I could sport the black and pink options.

here is what is available

2016 1209 02 – Stubbymuk w/ blk/pink G10 over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT, Convex on spalted 3/32" A2 - $260

2016 1209 03 – EDKarda w/ ruby burlap over natural liners & blue pinstripes, SFT, Convex on spalted 3/32" A2 - $290

2016 1209 05 – Hiking Buddy w/ osage over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT, Scandi ground on spalted 3/32" A2 - $300

2016 1209 09 – Recluse w/ maple burl over natural liners & blue pinstripes, TT, Convex on spalted ⅛" A2 - $340

2016 1209 15 – Forager w/ hemp wrap over leather liners, no pinstripe, TT, Convex on spalted 5/32" A2 - $290

2016 1209 17 - Hiking Buddy w/ natural canvas, no liners & no pinstripes, SFT, Flat ground on ⅛" S35VN - $195

Last edited:
I'm surprised both of those HB are still around. If the Osage one was natural to match the Lady Finger I'd have a very hard time saying no.

I'm surprised both of those HB are still around. If the Osage one was natural to match the Lady Finger I'd have a very hard time saying no.

Me too, though I think I am missing something...since the mid-techs are already flat ground. I'm also surprised that Forager is still around taunting me...

Me too, though I think I am missing something...since the mid-techs are already flat ground. I'm also surprised that Forager is still around taunting me...

Mid-techs are tumble finished...when they (re)grind them at the shop, it is the same (shiny) grind they do on the handmade models.

And that Forager is awesome in person. Big, shiny , lightweight, and GRIPPY!

- Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid-techs are tumble finished...when they (re)grind them at the shop, it is the same (shiny) grind they do on the handmade models.

And that Forager is awesome in person. Big, shiny , lightweight, and GRIPPY!

- Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I like the feel of the wrapped models. There are a couple I want in that configuration. The Forager looks fantastic, I can just imagine how it feels and handles.

Back