1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Fiddleback Friday!!! Tapered Tangs and Convex Daggergrinds!!! 11/2/12

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Fiddleback Friday time again! This week, the tapering is becoming better and thinner. Also, I did my very first dagger grind on a tapered tang Bushboot.

As always, my first priority is to thank all of you from myself and Ron and our families. We depend on y’all, and we hope you love the tool you buy from us.

The prices this week are without sheaths except for the Bow Legged Joe. I have a pocket sheath available for this one, and the sheath is included in the price. I am lucky enough to work with both Heber Ellsworth and Rick Lowe. Both make fantastic sheaths that are completely different from one another. I appreciate your support for them as well.

All of the steel is 3D Spalted 01.

Payment may be made to Paypal, or by personal check or MO. I hold all personal checks until they have cleared. This usually doesn’t cause a delay because they usually clear before shipping day. The paypal address is: fiddlebackpayments at att dot net. Please describe your purchase in the payment notes.

Shipping is included within the US. We do all our shipping on Thursdays.

Bow Legged Joe:

[​IMG]

2012 1102 001 – Bow Legged Joe, Stabalized Black Palm over black liners, Scandi on 1/8” 01 - $195

Bushboot – Special knife. First dagger grind at Fiddleback Foge, and tang tapered very slim also. Light fast knife. A true barfighter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2012 1102 002 – Bushboot, Black Can on Black with a blue pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex daggergrind on 1/8” 01 - Sold

Kephart – 2 have Tapered tang, 2 with full tang.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2012 1102 003 – Kephart, Bloodwood over black with a white pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” 01 - Sold
    2012 1102 004 – Kephart, Tuxedo (Black can on nat can with nat can pins) with a white pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” 01 - SOLD
    2012 1102 005 – Kephart, OD Can on Nat can with a white pinstripe, Convex on 5/32” 01 - SOLD
    2012 1102 006 – Kephart, Antique Can on black with a white pinstripe, Scandi on 1/8” 01 - SOLD

Bushfinger, again, two of these have tapered tangs, Two full tang knives.:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2012 1102 007 – Bushfinger, Natural G-10 over natural canvas with a white pinstripe (Butterscotch config.), Convex on 5/32” 01 - $250
    2012 1102 008 – Bushfinger, Osage Orange over natural canvas with a white pinstripe, convex on 5/32” 01 - Sold
    2012 1102 009 – Bushfinger, Stabalized dyed curly Maple, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” 01 - Sold
    2012 1102 010 – Bushfinger, White linen over natural Canvas with a blue pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” 01 - Sold

Bonus Kephart pic.

[​IMG]

Thank You!!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. Shamr0ck

Shamr0ck

Mar 30, 2012
    what a gorgeous batch Andy - thanks again!

3. Critizen

Critizen Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I'll take the bushboot.

4. ErichM

ErichM Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Nice ones Andy!

5. Rhiney

Rhiney

Mar 17, 2010
    I will take the tapered bush finger in white linen please!

6. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Is the top edge of the dagger sharpened?

7. justdrifting

justdrifting

Feb 23, 2005
    Nice dagger. Summoned by the Dean when these were posted. Nice diversion.

8. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Thanks Critizen. Its yours.

You got it Rhiney. Thanks.

It isn't, but its ground thin ehough it could be. I thought It would be better without, personally. What says y'all?

9. justdrifting

justdrifting

Feb 23, 2005
    Probably best unsharpened. :cool:

Unless...you are a ninja or assassin.

10. Critizen

Critizen Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2011
    It isn't, but its ground thin ehough it could be. I thought It would be better without, personally. What says y'all?[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's good to have the option though. Thanks Andy.

11. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    Another nice batch, Andy - particularly the convex maple tapered bushfinger.
    But, since I'm only going to get 1 Fiddleback, I'm going to hold out for the perfect one.

The bushboot dagger is not rally my thing, but looks much better than I would have expected. Love the blue pinstripe. You do great work!

12. Hayelsdi

Hayelsdi

Nov 1, 2012
    Ill take the curly maple bushfinger

13. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    I agree. It's good to have the option though. Thanks Andy.[/QUOTE]

Good. Won't sharpen it then. Thanks for your support Critizen.

You got it Hayelsdj. Thanks!

14. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Sweet batch! I am liking all of the tapered tangs and I knew the daggers would be coming at some point and wondered how you would approach that. That double edged Bush Boot is slick! That green Kephart is stunning as well.

15. Big Mike

Big Mike

Aug 30, 2006
    That dagger did turn out very nicely. :thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

A little different then I'm used to seeing here.

Big Mike

16. newyork

newyork

May 9, 2010
    If I were allowed to own a dagger grind, that Bushboot would've been mine. Damn NY laws. Beautiful batch Andy.

17. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    Most people don't know how difficult it is to do a full dagger grind to keep all four planes and lines in the right places. You done good my friend!!

From a sellers standpoint, it's best to leave that top edge not sharpened. Even a sharp top clip can cause legal problems these days. Let a buyer make the choice post sale.

18. Case_XX

Case_XX

Nov 18, 2009
    That's a good choice I have a couple in that scale config and they sure are pretty, in fact if you change your mind I will take seconds on this one. Work got busy earlier and I was late to check out this batch.

I would like to request a bushcrafter and/or an arete and/or a hunter in the same scale and tang config as this BF for some future batch, pretty please.

Mark

19. jtoler_9

jtoler_9 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    What's the size difference between a Kephart and a Bushfinger?

Sorry for the question. I am interested in making my first Fiddleback purchase.

20. Paul Brach

Paul Brach

Aug 8, 2012
    Nice work Andy! The dag is sweet and I am glad to see so many tapered tangs...I know how much harder it is to make.