• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fiddleback Gaucho Knife

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Gaucho Knife! 01 steel 3/16" thick, 13" OAL, 8" Blade, Ironwood handle with red and black spacers. SOLD. I don't have a sheath for it. Its got a full height convex grind, and plain steel pins and tube.

$100 of this money goes to Ram's college fund. Ram is a kid from Nepal that the Guys at the Himilayan Imports section are sending to Medical School.

gau67-vi.jpg

gau68-vi.jpg

gao69-vi.jpg

gao70-vi.jpg

Last edited:
That is way cool! I've really been thinking of making something like that, looks like a cross between a chef's knife and a fighting bowie! Nice:thumbup:

Nice take on a classic pattern. Very beautiful craftsmanship as usual.

Jeff

I have already commented on this knife in another post, but again, excellent. I wonder how it would work in my kitchen? I love the idea of a knife that I can take into the woods and use hard, but press into use in the kitchen for chopping and slicing duties. Then it does not get neglected at home.

I love it.

The blade is 3/16 thick. But its a full height zero edge convex grind. I think it'll work well in the kitchen, but remember that its 01 and wood handle. That means a lot of care, no dishwasher, clean and dry after each use.

Hello Fiddleback,

I will take this knife off your hands if it's still available.

I will PM, and e-mail you to arrange payment/shipping.

Kind Regards.

Lost Dog

Nice work as always, Andy. Glad to see it's sold, and it's cool of you to contribute to a college fund. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the nice comments y'all! This one is sold. Thank You Lost Dog!

The blade is 3/16 thick. But its a full height zero edge convex grind. I think it'll work well in the kitchen, but remember that its 01 and wood handle. That means a lot of care, no dishwasher, clean and dry after each use.

No, I would have to buy it, then cut a bunch of onions, rub mustard all over it, leave it in the wet sink, and then pop it through a couple of dish washer cycles and then send it back because it is all broken and the blade is "dirty" and won't clean up. ;)

I am just hoping you have never had a buyer that uneducated before:thumbup:

I am glad to see that some one picked this beauty up and removed temptation from me.

Back