Fiddleback Model Specs w/ pic reference/comparison

I, like so many of us, am a big fan of Andy's creations. Since I can't own them all, I created this to aid me in my process of choosing just which Fiddlebacks I want/need to have! I wanted to share it with every one as I know the info will be usefully to all.

I'd like to thank every one who helped, and all those who didn't even know they were helping too :D

So without further delay, here is all the info I gathered from this site and other retailers of Fiddleback Forge Knives... this is going to be long... Please feel free to let me know if I missed anything or got it wrong so I can add or change

These specs are relative; part of the beauty of Andy's knives is each is unique. These measurements are to help give a good idea of what each is like.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PICS!!

Blade

Handle

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Andy should send you a shirt or something for this work.

Phenomenal work!

Here's hoping for file (down the road) with the ability to sort by size, family, etc. :cool:

Also, hey!
9AAEA125-654A-4405-BCFC-9921D2180430_zpsdbmybfae.jpeg

Atsa my Bear Cub!!

Fiddleback_Forge_Bear_Cub_-_Desert_Ironwood_-_12_1024x1024.png~original

bananadance.gif~original

:D

~ P.

Last edited:
this is great. thank you for your time doing this. Should this be a Sticky????

Wow! Thanks for all the effort putting this together. I could spend all morning viewing this.

Model Pics with comparisons (when possible)

8DE1D348-151E-46D4-9D43-7D31219AC937_zpszudnzetu.jpeg
[/URL]

B9CD8971-535B-461F-964B-498FE303684B_zps3gzfxlvl.jpeg
[/URL]

I wasn't that familiar with the Bushpik or the Woodpecker...

The Bushpik may in fact be be a retired design??

It is interesting to see how the handle design of the early Woodpecker has changed/morphed (more recent photo) with a handle design that looks very similar to a Handyman but with a Woodpecker shaped blade.

Nice work on this post ..."blood604" :thumbup:

Here's a Big Padre pic; pretty sure I have the only one ;)

sizewise, the OAL is identical to a woodsman, but the blade/handle ratio is significantly different.

FullSizeRender_zpsfycvzasx.jpg

I would be happy to, but not quite sure how to go about it... I'll do some googling and see what I can do!

I'm sorry I forgot to thank you for putting this together but wonderful work! Outstanding

Hrmm I think the easiest way would be to host it as a google doc and then share the link... beyond that... if someone has a server online that can host it... I know we have a couple IT people who are regulars on the forum that would know better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't that familiar with the Bushpik or the Woodpecker...

The Bushpik may in fact be be a retired design??

It is interesting to see how the handle design of the early Woodpecker has changed/morphed (more recent photo) with a handle design that looks very similar to a Handyman but with a Woodpecker shaped blade.

Nice work on this post ..."blood604" :thumbup:

There were a few new models to me while gathering the info, I'll gladly update anything, if a model no longer available or missing. I was hopping to get every model to date... And add info as needed. I modified the spreadsheet to what is showing, but on my own I even has a column for the date 'Introduced' when I can find. :D
(I could add an 'N/A' if we confirmed anything is no longer available.)

Yup! Link works with mac and numbers... thanks! U the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome job blood604. That was a heck off a lot of work to bring this alll together. It will stand as a useful reference for new and veteran members alike. Kudos!

One minor edit I see is that photo 29 is actually a Leuku and Big Sneaky (rather than a Sneaky Pete.)

Thanks!

Phil

Sticky?!

This is fricken awesome! Thanks for putting all the effort into it!! :thumbup:

Might I suggest adding the file links to your first post?

Back