Fiddleback Secret Santa

So I've had the opportunity to meet some really great people here and thought it would be appropriate with the holiday season upon us to do a little exchange of sorts to raise the camaraderie and have the chance to reach out to a friend, new or old. Rules will be simple and as follows:

1. If you want in reply "In" and include a description of yourself and/or interests in 20 words or less in the reply. See example below. Follow up with a PM to me that you would like to participate and how you would like for me to get back to you (PM, email, text, ect.). Also include your mailing address.

2. Gifts can be of any value, but do not feel obligated to spend more than $20 for your gift. This is more about reaching out to a friend than getting some new expensive present. Handmade, found and used gifts are encouraged as are unique items.

3. I'll cut off entries Sunday, December 11th at midnight and will do a random number generator the following day and let you know who your secret Santa will be along with their mailing address.

4. Send your gift by December 20th.

5. Open your package on Christmas and start posting your gifts in this thread with whatever commentary is appropriate.

HO, HO, HO...SG

Last edited:
FIDDLEBACK SECRET SANTA LIST

1. Southern Gent - Fisherman, woods wanderer, pyro, connoisseur of bourbon & beer, lover of all things SHARP.

2. Bmurray - Anything outdoors.

3. Odaon - Hunting, fishing, foraging, knives, guns, EDC gear, bushcrafting, fire making, and many similar endeavors.

4. Mistwalker - Anything outdoors or pipe weed and such.

5. Kal-El - Carpentry, Cutlery, Cooking and the great outdoors.

6. Luca917 - Anything related to bushcraft, fire making, outdoors, survival, hunting. Old school guns/weapons. Cigars and pipes. History, especially the Civil War.

7. Varga49 - Interested in Camp cooking, Sharp things, Cigars, hand made or found items, History, especially Indo-European History, Tequila Reposado!, brain-tanned leather!

8. Fiddleback - I want sexy lingerie for when I go to Swinging Richards.

9. Vance - I like anything cooking, grilling or Fiddleback related.

10. Comprehensivist - Interested in BBQ dry rubs, adult beverages, or roasted nuts.

11. Swonut - Send me something that is collecting dust in your "projects" box that you never quite got around to starting or finishing.

12. Scotcha - Interested in anything vintage, outdoors related and Americana.

13. Nbrackett - Sharp things, fire making, fishing, outdoors, historical US (American Revolution or expansion west), etc.

14. Panthera tigis - I like fine wines, Michelin stars, drone warfare, the smell of fresh cut leather, advanced mathematics, tool steel, fast cars, slow women, cultural artifacts, seashells, valet boxes, foreign currency, and a good book.

15. lmalterna - Restoring axes; small flashlights; organic honey; strips of leather 4"x 18"; 2 airline tickets to the Philippines or 1 winning lottery ticket.

16. Warrior108 - Something for portable field sharpening/stropping. Or a gift certificate that supports Fiddleback/WAS/OKT. or a service like Tiger Claw Sharpening or for a dealer.

17. harriszl - Interested in outdoor stuff, hiking , camping , bushcraft, food, and woodworking.

18. Leblancleather - Anything outdoors, and fiddleback's response.

19. TxSportsman - Traditional archery, hunting, outdoors, good gear, tasty booze (tequila, wine, whiskey, beer), grilling, handmade/vintage gear, American made.

20. Pertinux - I like blue, cool stuff, and owls.

21. Onedog - Anything involving hiking, bushcraft, music or reading as well as all things Tolkien and pipes.

22. Fiddleback Outpost - I'm into EDC, shooting, anything FeralGentleman takes pictures of on Instagram, anything Mistwalker wants for a project he's working on, any of the things Vance won't let me have when I go to the Forge, any food Varga would like, Fiddleback's bourbon flask, Pertinux's blue Esquire, Warrior108's WA Surls Bobcat, Dylan Fletcher's novelty clothing, Osprey's anvil, and tacos.

Last edited:
Love the idea SG, I'm in!

Hunting, fishing, foraging, knives, guns, EDC gear, bushcrafting, fire making, and many similar endeavors.

I'm in.

Pretty much anything with an outdoor theme is fine with me, but any odd small item that might work in the Tolkien project would be received joyously :)

Great idea Justen. Thanks for coordinating this. I'm in.

Interests: Carpentry, Cutlery, Cooking and the great outdoors.

Sergio

This is awesome. Please count me in. I'll send you the PM as soon as I get home.

Anything related to bushcraft, fire making, outdoors, survival, hunting. Old school guns/weapons. Cigars and pipes. History, especially the Civil War.

That's 21 words!

I'm in, Interested in Camp cooking, Sharp things, Cigars, hand made or found items, History, especially Indo-European History, Tequila Reposado!, brain-tanned leather!

can I get in on this?
if so "i'm in"

edit

i like anything cooking, grilling or Fiddleback related:D

Last edited:
I'm in!

I have plenty of outdoor equipment, knives, & shootin' stuff already. Interested in BBQ dry rubs, adult beverages, or roasted nuts.

Thanks Justen!

Phil

I'll play. I dabble in the usual things around here. Send me something that is collecting dust in your "projects" box that you never quite got around to starting or finishing. I enjoy the figuring out how to do something part of things.

-- Blaine

That doesn't matter to me.

Great [emoji3]. Just realised that I can use my shipping address in the US and don't mind shipping from Australia.

I'm in. Interested in anything vintage, outdoors related and Americana.

Back