Fiddleback Secret Santa

I'm in.

Anything involving hiking, bushcraft, music or reading as well as all things Tolkien and pipes.

Thanks. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in!

I'm into EDC, shooting, time with my 2 year old son, long walks on the beach, sunsets, anything FeralGentleman takes pictures of on Instagram, anything Mistwalker wants for a project he's working on, any of the things Vance won't let me have when I go to the Forge, any food Varga would like, Fiddleback's bourbon flask, Pertinux's blue Esquire, Warrior108's WA Surls Bobcat, Dylan Fletcher's novelty clothing, Osprey's anvil, and tacos [emoji895].

- Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Secret Santa is now officially closed. Looks like we have a great group of 22 participating, which should make for a great event. I'll be following up with everyone after the blind draw to confirm contact info and to let you know who your SS person is. These 3 still need to send me contact info.

Warrior108
harriszl
Fiddleback Outpost

Cheers,

SG

harriszl you are on notice to get me your contact info. Please send me an address and email 9phone optional) to jcimino@ngkf.com by tomorrow to make sure you stay included. Tried pm multiple times, but BF says you cannot accept messages.

Thanks,

SG

I'm so looking forward to this as I really need to clean out my junk drawers! Hey, it's top quality junk and I have a bad habit of buying two of everything and sometimes I buy it twice (which makes for four widgets total). BTW, thanks for putting this together!

I'm so looking forward to this as I really need to clean out my junk drawers! Hey, it's top quality junk and I have a bad habit of buying two of everything and sometimes I buy it twice (which makes for four widgets total). BTW, thanks for putting this together!

Should be great! Just admit it, you are just using this as an excuse to purge from the move.

I'm trying to get mine out before this weekend so hopefully it makes it before Xmas.

Should be great! Just admit it, you are just using this as an excuse to purge from the move.

If I were purging from the move, then we'd be needing to schedule a transport company. This move happened quickly, as in less than three weeks and we were house hunting one of them. Then, the movers ask to start on Saturday vice Monday. Figured you could not say no to the team that would be literally sitting in their idling diesel for the weekend waiting. Anyway, we had planned to use the days to purge, but alas.

Did I mention I'm still missing a giant bubble wrapped ball of stubbymuks, runts, BLJs, and a two finger karda that does wonders on pumpkins. ( I think 14 in total) FFS, I know it's within 100 feet of me tucked away in a box or a slow cooker or a turkey pan, or a wedding dress box, or a box labeled pictures, or Christmas, or tools, or whatever and it haunts me dearly.

Anyway, this thread needs a picture, so here is the Grinch my daughter and I cooked up.

Grinch1-XL.jpg

installed (notice the Dr Seuss tree.)

Grinch2-XL.jpg

Last edited:
If I were purging from the move, then we'd be needing to schedule a transport company. This move happened quickly, as in less than three weeks and we were house hunting one of them. Then, the movers ask to start on Saturday vice Monday. Figured you could not say no to the team that would be literally sitting in their idling diesel for the weekend waiting. Anyway, we had planned to use the days to purge, but alas.

Did I mention I'm still missing a giant bubble wrapped ball of stubbymuks, runts, BLJs, and a two finger karda that does wonders on pumpkins. ( I think 14 in total) FFS, I know it's within 100 feet of me tucked away in a bod or a slow cooker or a turkey pan, or a wedding dress box, or a box labeled pictures, or Christmas, or tools, or whatever and it haunts me dearly.

Anyway, this thread needs a picture, so here is the Grinch my daughter and I cooked up.

Grinch1-XL.jpg

installed (notice the Dr Seuss tree.)

Grinch2-XL.jpg

My wife picked it out- she's got good taste if I may say so, I mean, she chose me!

I'd prefer to live out in the boonies, but a 1:30 daily commute coupled with meth/oxy-haven wasn't gonna fly. Now I'm trying to land some industrial space to light up a forge in downtown KC for the 5:00-8:00PM time frame, but with the Oakland Fire, I'm not sure that is gonna fly next week the same way it flew last week.

harriszl, sorry, but to keep this fair for everyone who is participating I'm bumping you from this list. Secret Santa is now back open for the first person that both posts to this thread after me and sends me a pm.

Now, to bring us back to the holiday spirit and kick this thread up a notch here is a list of what I believe everyone could be looking forward to receiving from their Secret Santa:

Southern Gent - An endless stream of beers, shots of bourbon, back claps, handshakes and hugs at Blade 2017 and his most prized possession, his Adam Bomb Garbage Pail Kid card.

Bmurray - Something sharp and badass. Bob has way more sh*t than he knows what to do with.

Odaon - Pictures of his GF if you are lucky, if not, you will get a free lifetime subscription to his Youtube channel for some of the best gear reviews on Al Gore's Internet.

Mistwalker - A few strands of Legolas's hair he took from the LOTR wax museum. The rest is being used to tie a sweet lanyard for the Wingman in the calendar project.

Kal-El - If you are lucky, you'll receive a real life Koa tree the size of the one in his avatar, which you can then ransom off to Chris for a lifetime supply of Osprey knives.

Luca917 - You ain't getting nothin' from Tony. He'll still be in his deer stand.

Varga49 - A saddle that was once ridden by Roy Rogers and a $10 gift card to the restaurant by the same name.

Fiddleback - One of those prototype "poop" knives that never made it into production. And maybe some beef jerky.

Vance - I know for a fact you will at least get a Leuku, and if you happen to send him a couple of cases of Miller Lite first you'll also get his first Battl' Axe and the keys to his truck.

Comprehensivist - Phil will arrange for you to sit shotgun with Elon Musk for the trip to Mars. Awesomeness.

Swonut - A crock pot full of stubbymuks, runts, BLJs, and a two finger karda.

Scotcha - A vegemite sandwich and a ticket stub from when he saw Colin Hey play at the Shady Pines Saloon "back in tha day".

Nbrackett - Some assortment of bracketts of course.

Panthera tigris - Be very careful opening this one. It may be a spoon, it may be a Jedi lightsaber, but whatever it is it is likely to take a finger if not handled properly.

lmalterna - His sweet vintage Ladyfinger and the winning lottery ticket he's looking for.

Warrior108 - Since Tony sent Jerry a gallon of the finest corn mash whisky North Kakalacky has to offer and he decided to pack up his SS stuff half way through the jar, everyone will receive a knife in bog oak. Fortunately, he has so many he won't even notice once his head stops pounding.

harriszl - Um, yeah. Moving on.

Leblancleather - I have no idea. He has only 1 post.

TxSportsman - Not to be outdone by Varga49 for the most hospitable cowboy on this forum from TX, your gift will come with an Osage belt buckle and a pair of rustic wrap Tony Lamas.

Pertinux - A new traditional knife for every month of the calendar year and an endless supply of entertaining and knowledgeable posts on BF.

Onedog - A Vibraphone and free lessons every time Onedog comes through your town. What's a Vibraphone you ask. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3vn7d7Hs0

Fiddleback Outpost - A year of free Taco Bell! Oh wait, that's what he wants. You will receive your own personal code to unlock for purchase any Fiddleback on the Outpost 15 minutes before the general public.

allen456 - Oh wait, Allen is a Scrooge and didn't want to play.

Justen,
Thanks much for doing this. I packaged up a few pounds of dirt, chewed bubblegum, a french fry I found in the car and some used stamps. Will ship it out today ;)

Bill

hahaha
Justen, its BUD LIGHT

and I can't find my Leuku, have you seen it?:D I wonder what else (I haven't noticed) I am missing since Track Rock:eek:

Justen, you slay me man! I will laugh all day at this!

And yes, I have managed to get out of the woods. Freezing to death here. I needed a cigar anyway. Wouldn't you know, the other afternoon I went squirrel hunting with both my boys, .22's in hand, smoking a big ol' stogie, and THAT'S when I see deer!

Nathan, you're gonna have to pry that Surls from my cold dead hands like that 50 caliber Hawken in Jeremiah Johnson.

But Jerry will be unconscious from nursing that mason jar...so you might get a few of those bog oaks. And the crockpot full of stubbys.

I know ya'll were too mesmerized with all the possible goodies that could passed around in post #52 to notice there is a spot open for one more person to jump in. It's not too late!!!

Don't be a Grinch,

SG

Back