1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Fiddlebacks and Food

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Dcaggie06, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Dcaggie06

Dcaggie06

Jan 14, 2014
    I know a lot of us like to use our Fiddlebacks in the kitchen so I'm opening, the first "show your Fiddlebacks making your food thread". I expect Mist to have a heavy presence in this one ;)! Starting off, here is my Woodchuck in blue sycamore assisting me in making some delicious Carne al Pastor. Carne al Pastor requires thinly shredded pork with a seared crust. The Woodchuck sliced this up nicely. Enjoy, and stay hungry my friends.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  2. xxwjtxx

xxwjtxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2013
    ack! no pic -- but carne al pastor sounds awesome!

3. Dcaggie06

Dcaggie06

Jan 14, 2014
    I can see one. Crap! what do i gotta do to post in on there properly?

4. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Not sure what's wrong, I can't see the pic either, but I don't see anything obviously wrong with the image code either. No idea what's up with that.

Does sound good though, and yeah, I'll definitely have to add some things to this thread :)

5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    snow'd in lunch today..
    [​IMG]

6. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Nice! I knew you would be along shortly :)

7. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i wish we had a sticky for food posts
    i have 876pics in my food album on photobucket

8. Dcaggie06

Dcaggie06

Jan 14, 2014
    Just put it on Flikr or something and send the link! I just got a bushraptor, and i'm thinking this could be the ultimate sandwich blade.....

9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    just a little jerk chicken tonight
    [​IMG]

10. xxkcxx

xxkcxx Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    No wonder you killed it and ate it..... That jerk chicken!

11. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    got some deer meat thawin for tomorrow

12. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I don't think you can link to Dropbox. You might need to upload to photobucket, fotki, etc.

13. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Nothin fancy, but no squished sandwich :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    EDK serving up breakfast.

[​IMG]

15. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    It looks like it's linking to a DropBox image that's not public? When I try to view the image directly DropBox tells me I don't belong there.

16. Joe Duder

Joe Duder

Jan 22, 2013
    Egg samich!!! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

17. Dcaggie06

Dcaggie06

Jan 14, 2014

You sir, are a genius. That worked. Thank you!

18. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    A teaser shot of tomorrow's evening meal. This should be fun :)

[​IMG]

19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    on the kamado joe tonight
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Joe Duder

Joe Duder

Jan 22, 2013
    Pickles:thumbup: