Fiddlebacks and Food

Dammit Vance, now I think I gotta grill up some paella for Sunday dinner! Looks delicious!

Terrible pic, but I'm far too stuffed to move to better light. That steak was enormous.

hKsKmLe.jpg

A couple of pics from the beef and broccoli with peppers we had for dinner last night. The rest will be in an upcoming review of the Nessie :)

DSC_4159.jpg

DSC_4172.jpg

DSC_4226.jpg

DSC_4248.jpg

DSC_4292.jpg

A couple of pics from the beef and broccoli with peppers we had for dinner last night. The rest will be in an upcoming review of the Nessie :)

DSC_4159.jpg

DSC_4172.jpg

DSC_4226.jpg

DSC_4248.jpg

DSC_4292.jpg

What kind of gravy/sauce is that? That looks scrumptious.:thumbup:

on the kamado joe tonight
Vance, I've got a kamodo grill too (big green egg) -- gotta love those things; I'll have to get some pics up of one of my epic 12+ hr meat smoking sessions! And yes +1 on pickles -- those look especially fresh.

Great pics Mist; glad to see you are enjoying the Nessie! I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this design -- personally, I've been most impressed with mine in the kitchen. Is yours 1/8 or 5/32?

Hey mistwalker,

You might be very cold and short on propane, but you are definitely eating well. That is some tasty looking chow! The emerald green Shadetree burlap Nessie looks awesome too. I have that same handle set-up on my Bushcrafter and it is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the photos.

Phil

DSC_4159.jpg

DSC_4172.jpg

DSC_4226.jpg

DSC_4248.jpg

DSC_4292.jpg

Hey mistwalker,

You might be very cold and short on propane, but you are definitely eating well. That is some tasty looking chow! The emerald green Shadetree burlap Nessie looks awesome too. I have that same handle set-up on my Bushcrafter and it is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the photos.

Phil

Well yesh...sort of lol. They had chuck eye roasts on sale, I bought a three pounder and split it up into four meals. Gives me more excuses to use my knives :) Just wait, they had pork loin on sale too, and I bought a half of one and split that into a few meals as well :) . Yep, I love the emerald green burlap!

Vance, I've got a kamodo grill too (big green egg) -- gotta love those things; I'll have to get some pics up of one of my epic 12+ hr meat smoking sessions! And yes +1 on pickles -- those look especially fresh.

i love it. id say its one of my best purchases to date(excluding all fbf's of course)
sold off a few busse's & busse family knives & dont regret it at all...the knives i sold off had been sitting idle since i made the switched over to fbf anywho

You're catching strippers right now?!?!?! Can I come visit this weekend?

You're catching strippers right now?!?!?! Can I come visit this weekend?

I'm fishing at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia... early and late Winter are prime! We're catching several 35" fish! FUN! We might be able to work out a fishing trip sometime! Lake is more fun when warm, and we still do catch fish then! Come visit, can do a couple days on the Appalachian Trail and a day of fishing! Fiddlebacks in the woods, on the mountain and on the lake!

Fish Cake made with fresh Striped Bass

That pic gives your blade no glory. The fish cake is the focal.lol.

Anyhow I would love your fish cake recipe if you wouldnt mind passing it along.
stripper season is getting close.

that pic gives your blade no glory. The fish cake is the focal.lol.

Anyhow i would love your fish cake recipe if you wouldnt mind passing it along.
Stripper season is getting close.
lol thats awesome

I'm fishing at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia... early and late Winter are prime! We're catching several 35" fish! FUN! We might be able to work out a fishing trip sometime! Lake is more fun when warm, and we still do catch fish then! Come visit, can do a couple days on the Appalachian Trail and a day of fishing! Fiddlebacks in the woods, on the mountain and on the lake!

If that's an open invitation, you're likely to have a lot of company! 😄

I lived in east TN for five years followed by three more in north GA. Most of my in-laws are in Chattanooga, and the rest in the Bristol area. You are living in one of my favorite areas of the country, man!

Michael

Ya know, just looking at the text, I'd think you two were talking about two totally different animals here :D

The best fishing trip is good morning and day fishing, then some beer and eating your catch, then some strippers around the campfire.... that's what I call bushcraft!

Back