Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Wow! Alayna is lucky to have a father like you! Mine gave me a Buck 110 when I was 14. I still have it and lots of great memories with it but its no Fiddleback!

It happened to me, like this ...
Having hummed and haahed for several months, waiting for the HB I wanted, I grabbed this in a FF Friday in December (top of photo):
View attachment 840544
Of course, within a very short time, the one I did want showed up at DLT: :eek:
View attachment 840545

The second is due to land any day now.

So, yes, two it is! The problem will be - which one to take hiking each time? :confused:
Aha! Was eyeing that HB on DLT because the ruby burlap matches my Ladyfinger. So, you saved me from having to purchase it based on looks alone. Congrats! (I think... :) )

Aha! Was eyeing that HB on DLT because the ruby burlap matches my Ladyfinger. So, you saved me from having to purchase it based on looks alone. Congrats! (I think... :) )
I chose it because it reminded my of the local endangered cockatoo here in Western Australia, the Red-tailed Black Cockatoo. They're a large (up to 26" tall), raucous bird that live in the forests where I hike. The male is jet black, save for solid bright red panels on the tail feathers. The female has orange banded tail feathers (see my avatar).
Redtails.jpg
I named my hiking group after them, and usually use Redtail as my forum and track name. (Hopefully BF will get around to processing my name change request soon!)

I chose it because it reminded my of the local endangered cockatoo here in Western Australia, the Red-tailed Black Cockatoo. They're a large (up to 26" tall), raucous bird that live in the forests where I hike. The male is jet black, save for solid bright red panels on the tail feathers. The female has orange banded tail feathers (see my avatar).
View attachment 845293
I named my hiking group after them, and usually use Redtail as my forum and track name. (Hopefully BF will get around to processing my name change request soon!)
that's very cool Farkles.....soon to be Redtail

View attachment 845293
I like everything about this post. It’s cool to learn the ‘backstory’ behind your choice, and I’m glad you Found the right HB for you. Now you have to be on the lookout for a black/orange combo.....;)

According to the tracking info, the Bushboot below decided to take the scenic route through Memphis after stopping in Alabama on its way from Georgia to Louisiana. :( Was expecting to have it today, but alas, another lesson in patience courtesy of the USPS.

JcFM4SL.png

o_O

~ P.

According to USPS this gorgeous Bush Hermit should be in my hands tomorrow evening. After years of gawking at Andy's knives and a few months of deliberation and searching, I will finally get my mitts on a Fiddleback. I'll be sure to post my own glamour shots soon.

IMG_4144.JPG

Back