• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fighting Bowie

Here's a fighting bowie I made a little while ago.

The knife has had a strange history... It was returned by the original owner; there was a flaw in the swedges, pretty quick fix, it looks good now. It was also supposed to go to a purveyor, but I have not heard back from him in months...

Blade length is 8" OAL is 13"

Desert ironwood handle, ss hardware.

Price is $325 plus shipping.

I still need to make another sheath (the original was destroyed by the first owner).

If you don't like the knife for any reason, send it back.

attachment.php

Here's a link Making Of
Matt
Mbuswellroberts@yahoo.com

Damn -- someone is going to get a heck of a deal!!! Got layaway? :D

I have handled Matt's knives and I cannot imagine any flaws that would warrant returning the knife......

This one is a super sweet blade and Matt's work is super!

Gorgeous Matt,
Doesn't look like you've forgotten how. ;)

Warren

Thanks again guys. Michael, for you, there's always layway :).

Pep, the blade is 1065, I should have mentioned that in the first post...

~M...back to the books ;)

It's yours Randy. I'll get it ready to go out this weekend. Thanks bud, I appreciate it.

~M

That's one sleek looking knife. I'm curious ...how exactly was the first sheath "destroyed"?

Dang, I go away for a week and miss out on this one. :( It's a beauty Matt - enjoy it Randy!

Roger

I keep coming back to look at this blade. Outstanding work Matt. :eek:

Only reason I didn't grab it, is because I'm gonna have him make me a bigger one someday. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys. There are always more where that came from :). I'm finishing my shop now. Hopefully I'll have some more pieces in the coming weeks.

The guy who returned it was clearly on glue. Plus..that knife is clearly worth more than you're asking price. :cool:

Thank you sir, this is my favorite style and size to make.

It's always the customer's perogative to send a knife back; I should have caught the flaw before sending it out, the swedge didn't go into the point the same on both sides so...it was my fault not his.

Thanks guys!

~M

Back