• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fighting Set.

You all may remember back in March i had lost my nephew to an accidental gunshot. He was 14 years old. I was the paramedic on call that night and I had some problems dealing with the reasons for the loss so in my own little wierd way i went out into the knife shop and got rid of my frustrations by beating out a piece of cable damascus. Being a struggling knifemaker me and the wife couldn't do allot for the family like we wanted so she came up with the idea of makeing a couple of knives out of the damascus and selling them with 100% of the proceeds going to a scholarship fund that will be presented when Aarons class graduates high school. there is a little bit of symbolism in the knives. His grandfather retired from the local coal mine here the cable that i used in the blade came from the drag linewhere he worked. His grandmother gave me the ironwood in the handles she picked it up in Arizona when she was there this winter. we are asking $1,000 dollars for the set shipped in the lower 48. Thanx for looking.........Erik
IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

Eric, Sorry for your loss. We each get courage and strength where we can find it. The forge is as good a place as any.
Fred

tacmedic45 said:
I was the paramedic on call that night and I had some problems dealing with the reasons for the loss so in my own little wierd way i went out into the knife shop and got rid of my frustrations by beating out a piece of cable damascus.

Not weird....just your way of handling that part of the grieving process. The more important point is that you handled and are apparently still handling it quite well. The knife set should lead to your choice of a most fitting tribute and one I'm sure your nephew would highly approve of, and thank you and your grandparents for, were he able to.:thumbup: :cool: :) :thumbup:

Back